Building Our New Camper

The wave 3 heater is in. I found this monitor wall mount on amazon It looked like a handy way to enable movement of the wave 3 to heat the camper. The heater came apart to enable drilling and mounting of the mount along with a small aluminum handle to anchor the wave 3 in place for travel.

gallery_1902_710_68608.jpg

gallery_1902_710_44610.jpg

It works pretty darn well, in fact I can center the unit in the center of the door facing out and friends and neighbors can warm their hands while standing outside the door.

gallery_1902_710_24985.jpg

gallery_1902_710_42896.jpg

You can also see why I rearranged the vent placement on the forced air furnace enclosure so there is little interference with air movement.

Pretty doggone nifty. What would you estimate the distance the heater sticks out from the wall with the mount behind it? Couple of inches?

Looks good Ski. I like the swing arm!

You may have thought of this already, but I suggest a cover over the Wave unit. You can make the cover a nice pattern or??

Mr. '3pin, nice idea on the monitor arm. I'm curious, which of the heaters will get the most use? Somehow, I'm nervous about using a catalytic, but like the thought of the radiant heat.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Mr. '3pin, nice idea on the monitor arm. I'm curious, which of the heaters will get the most use? Somehow, I'm nervous about using a catalytic, but like the thought of the radiant heat.
We use the forced air for quick warm up in the morning. We use the catalytic for times we are holed up in cold weather, when the nights are long as they are now. We open the port hole near the heater a bit and the vent in the roof. Most of the summer I pull the catalytic out and leave it at home. The catalytic can't be beat for even heat. It makes for a comfortable evening. We don't use a heater while sleeping, we like the cold. That's why we like the forced air. We can reach down in the morning and hit the thermostat and have it toasty when it's time to climb out of the sack. Most always the roof vent is open. We like fresh air.

SunMan said:
Pretty doggone nifty. What would you estimate the distance the heater sticks out from the wall with the mount behind it? Couple of inches?

pvstoy said:
Looks good Ski. I like the swing arm!

You may have thought of this already, but I suggest a cover over the Wave unit. You can make the cover a nice pattern or??

chnlisle said:
gallery_1902_710_79377.jpg

gallery_1902_710_2323.jpg

Mr. Sun, with the mount the wave 3 is 5" out from the wall. Jay and Patrick, sorry to disappoint. We have the factory dust cover. The fabric can be cut without fraying. Put a slit in the top for the thumbscrew mount and a slit in the back for the swing arm mount.

Thanks señor 3Pin...your photo made me realize how badly I need a new cover for my Wave 3. Better order it now before I forget!

Sold out! Bummer, I was going to try and get my wife to sew me a shirt out of that fabric.

Back
Top Bottom