Building Our New Camper

ski3pin said:
So are you "helping" Ted? :) I just don't remember Ted with a smart phone or laptop. :eek:
If memory serves me,when I saw the Ted's in Monterey back in Nov. I think he was getting or just got a smart phone.
Some of us are coming ,screaming and kicking into the 21th century.
Frank

We journeyed down to All Terrain Campers the first day of the Lady's winter break. It was time for the final inspection! I think we passed. :)

Our cushions were ready and Brad installed our curtains. These guys are so nice and so in tune to satisfying the customer and making sure everything is as right as can be. Marty wanted to check on the front struts since I had installed the solar panel on the front of the roof. The cabover section is just a bit longer than our first camper. After watching how the Lady did lifting and dropping the front section, he had Chad change the fronts from 30 lbs units to 40 lbs. "That will be much better for you," Marty said.

So here it is. The curtains are in. We mounted the new cushions to the bin lids. We had to do that last night after dinner. "I want to put our stuff in the camper! I want it ready to go!" was the Lady's refrain. We were back in the house a little before 9 but it was fun and cozy, LED lights and the furnace on.

gallery_1902_710_97150.jpg

gallery_1902_710_7562.jpg

gallery_1902_710_112740.jpg

gallery_1902_710_94365.jpg

gallery_1902_710_85914.jpg

gallery_1902_710_69179.jpg

Ski you and the lady can be proud of the creation you made.
I think you will like the #40 struts.I have them on mine and with the canoe it's a snap,without it takes a little effort but not a problem.
Hope you get out soon.Have a Happy New Year and a very merry Christmas.
Frank and family.

Mr. 3pin, that is truly a great looking job on your ATC. Something that you and the Lady can be proud of, and enjoy to your heart's content. The Bride and I wish you a Merry Christmas! Hope to see you out there one of these days!!

Yep, fine looking camper. Merry Christmas and have fun camping! I'm remembering our last year's New Year's camp at Vantage in Washington state. Fun times. This year we will be hanging out by the fireplace. :)

Whoa - hey Marty! Can I get a decal like ski's with the Built To Survive - ATC Off Road??? You must be wearing Jeff down on him not linking stickers!!

We returned last evening after nine nights spent in our new camper. We think of this build project as a fine tuning of our first camper that served us very well. After our first trip, maiden voyage, shake down cruise our new camper, we feel, is fine tuned indeed. What an adventure! We are both extremely pleased. There was only one very minor flaw - easily remedied - that led to an interesting story.

The important details - craftsmanship, materials used, construction design - that led us to choose All Terrain were outstanding in use. We didn't know much a few years back when we started our camper adventures. I remember one of the Lady's lines I used in one of our early stories. "We're earning a degree in pop up camper use." Maybe we've earned a degree, maybe not. We have amassed a good deal of experience. This camper will gives us years and years of adventure. We are proud to be members of the ATC family.

We had very special guests join us unexpectedly for our last night. We hung out in our camper as the wind blew outside. We think they liked the camper too! :)

We had very special guests join us unexpectedly for our last night. We hung out in our camper as the wind blew outside. We think they liked the camper too!
smile.png
Must have been after we left.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
<snip>
Thought maybe you hitched a ride to warmer areas with Santa.
Since we think of the new camper as both our birthdays, 30th anniversary, and xmas present, Frank, you are not too far off! :)

Back
Top Bottom