Bundutec

Thanks. The big door is so I can get all my toys in and out!

It is a metal skin. I would assume something similar to what you might see on a commercial contractor's canopy.

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

Very cool. I know you can't wait for the finale and neither can I :) Looking forward to your good times with it :)

Getting close! ImageUploadedByWander The West1486610674.141825.jpgImageUploadedByWander The West1486610692.374490.jpg

longhorn1 said:
Sweet. Plenty of finished inside photos. jd
I will post as soon as I have some. Unfortunately I'm in Washington, the camper is in Iowa, and road conditions SUCK for making the trip. Gonna have to exercise patience and wait for a decent weather window. I hope it happens before spring!

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

THey are adding it to their line of campers and calling it the "Riptide" as we worked together to come up with something that fits my needs for west coast surf trips! :D

I still have yet to personally see my camper but I can't express enough my satisfaction from working with both Jenn & Rory. Anyone considering any version of camper, hard sided, pop up, shell, or trailer; I would strongly recommend talking to them. They are both very knowledgeable and willing to bend over backwards to make sure you get not only what you want, but what you need as well. A GREAT value all the way around. FIve Stars for sure!

Windy, my wife is a Longhorn, class of '75. I graduated from Trinity University in San Antonio. My wife is a native Texan; I'm from Chicago. Anytime I use Longhorn I get brownie points. I think we all know how that works. jd

Just picked up our camper!
Spent the day with Rory and Jenn. All my previous impressions confirmed. Great folks. Rory happily fitted out the camper with a lot of last minute conveniences while Jenn entertained my wife and dog. Obviously a critical part of the operation, Jenn keeps Rory organized and on track

We wound up staying most of the day so we only made it a couple of hours down the road before calling it a night. I made it a point not to add any modifications to the truck before seeing how it rode with the camper. The wet weight of the camper is 1080lbs (with happy jacks) and the truck rides very comfortably. You can tell the camper is on there but there is no "sway" or excess bounce. Cornering is fine but I will probably end up adding some sort of "helper" springs. More to come as we start our adventure back home thru SD and Montana.

Back
Top Bottom