Bundutec

ImageUploadedByWander The West1487711648.291926.jpgImageUploadedByWander The West1487711662.395720.jpgImageUploadedByWander The West1487711674.496999.jpgImageUploadedByWander The West1487711692.413858.jpgImageUploadedByWander The West1487711707.858791.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

longhorn1 said:
Looking forward to seeing interior photos. What is the interior height and what is the height in the cabover? jd
I'm guessing the interior height is about 5'. I haven't measured it. My priority was comfortable sitting headroom while on the bed. We wanted to keep it as small as possible and we knew most of our camping would be outside (cooking, showering and recreating) so we wanted to maximize the interior space for storage, changing (in and out of wet suits or ski clothes) and sleeping. We did get a full size porta-potti and it works well. So in a sense it is still fully "self-contained"

Oh, and the interior height of the cabover portion is 10". I wanted to be able to have the option of putting
my boards inside if I didn't want
To put them on the roof.

Very impressed with the build quality.

Just to hold things in place. I may be putting
Surfboards up there and wanted a way to secure them.

Very nice looking camper Windy. Talked to Rory today about a custom flatbed popup build for my 2016 Ram 3500 reg cab truck. After talking to a couple other builders I think I have found the perfect camper for our needs. Will be meeting up with Rory at the Overland Expo In Flagstaff this May and hopefully make a order there for our camper.

Anyway just joined the WTW forum tonight and this is my first post.

Canyonglamper said:
Very nice looking camper Windy. Talked to Rory today about a custom flatbed popup build for my 2016 Ram 3500 reg cab truck. After talking to a couple other builders I think I have found the perfect camper for our needs. Will be meeting up with Rory at the Overland Expo In Flagstaff this May and hopefully make a order there for our camper.

Anyway just joined the WTW forum tonight and this is my first post.
When I picked my camper up from Rory, he had a flatbed build in progress. Very nice camper. Rory and Jenn are both awesome to work with and they build a great camper at a very reasonable price. When I first started looking I was looking at pop up truck campers and I stumbled across Bundutec. After many discussions it was decided that to best suit my needs a custom was the way to go. But during that process I learned a bit about several different brands and options and when it comes to value, I have to say that I believe Bundutec provides one of the best values out there. You will know exactly what you are getting for your $$ and I'll even go as far as saying the end result will exceed your expectations.

I know I may sound like an advertisement or salesman but I can assure you I'm not. It is just rare these days to find people who do what they say, are true craftsman, and put their customer's needs above their own. When I run across people like that, I want to share my experiences and spread the wealth.

I actually met Rory (and I believe Jenn) at last years Overland Expo and was very impressed with his popup camper. He spent a considerable amount of time with me and I came away with a good feeling that he could build the camper I want at a very reasonable price. I have since changed trucks and no longer need a slide in TC, I wasn't aware he built flatbed TC's it is not mention on the Bundutec website. Decided to call them and ask if they were willing to build me one worse they could say was heck no but not only would he build one they were already building them, sounds like most go to Australlia.

Canyonglamper said:
I actually met Rory (and I believe Jenn) at last years Overland Expo and was very impressed with his popup camper. He spent a considerable amount of time with me and I came away with a good feeling that he could build the camper I want at a very reasonable price. I have since changed trucks and no longer need a slide in TC, I wasn't aware he built flatbed TC's it is not mention on the Bundutec website. Decided to call them and ask if they were willing to build me one worse they could say was heck no but not only would he build one they were already building them, sounds like most go to Australlia.
Almost all of his campers have been going to Australia. When I was there he said that things were starting to pick up in the US market and it sounded like things were going well and the future looks promising with a lot of inquiries and several orders. I think he has found himself a really good niche and is doing a good job of filling it.

So we have had the opportunity to use our camper for several different functions. So I thought I would give a little feedback.

No complaints. I am very pleased with the build quality and finish. Still "organizing" the best way for us to load it out depending on how we are using it.

I put on a set of SuperSprings only because the camper stays on the truck 75% of the time. If I had do do it over again I would probably give the Timbren helpers a try. The SupeSprings work fine but they make a fair amount of noise, especially when the camper is not on the truck and they raised the rear of the truck approx 2" (when empty) and stiffened the ride which their literature said they would not do.

Oh well, live and learn.

I highly recommend Bundutec.; their quality will compete with anything else out their at a VERY reasonable price. Mine is a small camper and has limitations but If you are honest (with yourself) about what you want vs. what you need you will not be dissapointed. We are still stoked every time we use it and very happy with it. Plus it has been a great ego booster...as we get lots of attention and positive comments everywhere we go! haha...

Great to hear that the Riptide is working out for you. I have had good results using Timbrens in the past on a couple different trucks. Since my last post I met up with Bundutec at the Expo in Flagstaff and just ordered a flatbed popup last Thursday. Rory and Jenn are great people to work with and so far the process has gone well.

Back
Top Bottom