Burning Man 2017 webcam?

Foy

Resident Geologist
Every year at about this time I tune in to a live streaming webcam located at "Center Camp" on the playa at Black Rock Desert, Gerlach, NV, to marvel at the spectacle of Burning Man. Love me a good spectacle! Mind you, I wouldn't GO to Burning Man if you paid me, but I particularly enjoy tuning in at 0500 Eastern, my normal start time, to see how active and "lit up" (pun intended), Black Rock City is between 0200 and 0230 Pacific.

But I haven't found an operating live stream this year. Are my feeble Google-Fu skills deteriorating? Does anybody have a link to share?

Foy

Forgot all about Burning Man.................yeah, how could that happen? This is what I found -

Will we be seeing any Wander the West members as we stay glued to our screen? :)

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Is there actually one this year.I thought it was canceled this year.
Frank
There had been concerns about what the physical state of the playa might be at this time since it was largely flooded well into May/June, but the BLM and the organizers gave a final "all clear" about six weeks ago.

And yes, I've been unable to get any of the links to actually operate, including Ski's You Tube link above.

Foy

Yup, it is happening. My 2 brothers and my sister are there now. I'd rather use my precious vacation time to fish in Alaska. I don't know about the camera though.

I'll watch. Late night is best. Not really my cup of tea but I'd go but more as a spectator than a participant. Glad this was brought up. I went to the Sheldon NWR last year (or was it the year before?) the week before by accident. The roads were a zoo even before the official opening. Not the best time to visit the Black Rock Desert.

The little darlings were all wound up at 0515 EDT (0215 PDT) today. Large amounts of dust in the air even at that hour. Interesting to watch but can't imagine enduring all of that dust, noise, tens of thousands of snarky millennials, etc.

Foy

Been to the Playa, been fishing in Alaska. Though not in the same year. Witnessed part the Symbiosis event at Big Summit Prairie this year too. Just put my Fish Cat pontoon boat away. Each has its high points. You will be hard pressed to watch a half nude lady, body painted gold and white, twirling a baton while riding a Western Auto bicycle when you are enjoying your tea in Alaska though.

Wander on, regardless of your favorite cup.

As I checked in on the festivities just now, at 0300 Pacific time, it occurred to me that there must be thousands and thousands of generators running at WOT all night long in order to power all of those lights. "Radical self-reliance", millennial style?

Foy

OK fess up who is at BM.

Attachments

• bm fwc.jpg
    bm fwc.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 90
Yesterday I was stopped at a light in traffic. Next to me was this older hippy chick doing what appeared to be a sort of semi violent dancing in the front seat while driving(or at least stopped at the light). She was oblivious to anything around her.

My 1st thought was. "Aren't you supposed to be in Nevada about now!"

Back
Top Bottom