Coffee maker?

cuervo said:
What better way to start the day than coffee on the rocks!
attachicon.gif
davishosmercanon 150.jpg
Davis Lake in the Cascade Lakes region of Oregon has a number of campgrounds along it's eastern edge and is a favorite destination.
Looks like a wonderful way to start the day.

I'm heading to icy, snowy, beautiful Jasper, Alberta this weekend. I'll be sure to keep coffee in mind :)

I think some of you get carried away. However, if you want to pour me a cup and make me a convert I'll be happy to oblige :)

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Put me on a lakeside log at Hosmer, a good French roast and a day with no mosquitos... heaven!
davishosmercanon 086.jpg
Up early in the morning to have a second cup in that back bay... indeed!

Folbot, circa 2004 Kodiak. This trip was my first outing with it back in '14, a tour of the lakes in early September.

davishosmercanon 328.jpg

Bill D said:
Looks like a wonderful way to start the day.

I'm heading to icy, snowy, beautiful Jasper, Alberta this weekend. I'll be sure to keep coffee in mind :)
Enjoy the trip!

cuervo said:
Folbot, circa 2004 Kodiak. This trip was my first outing with it back in '14, a tour of the lakes in early September.

attachicon.gif
davishosmercanon 328.jpg
I have one with a Batwing sail. Bought for a dinghy behind our CDory, to explore Lake Powell. Sadly, unused at this point, as we didn’t get to LP last year due to other travels. We’ve canoed and camped at Hosmer since ‘78. We will have to compare notes one of these days.

Apologies for the hijack of the coffee thread.

IMG_2405.jpg
A stout cup of Ravensbrew should get us back on track, to be found roasting in a small shop up near the Hood Canal somewhere, Tumwater I believe.
Agreed, I have a lot of water under any number of keels as well, good to make your acquaintance and it'll be fun to talk watertravel.
Heading for the Bosque del Apache later this month (without the boats) on our maiden voyage with the Swift to do some birdwatching.

Not without stopping first at Whiting Coffee in Albuquerque to stock up on Ethiopian!

craig333 said:
I think some of you get carried away. However, if you want to pour me a cup and make me a convert I'll be happy to oblige :)
I agree, but coffee is such a daily ritual for so many people, there is little harm in getting a bit carried away. I'm sure those who enjoy a fine bottle of wine, beer or other sprits can relate (and coffee is a lot cheaper).

cuervo said:
Enjoy the trip!
Thank you. It's the GFs birthday, we plan to do some snowshoeing and dogsledding.

My trips are all about simplicity. I do like my morning coffee though so I make it in camp the same as at home - a Melitta single cup filter holder (the inexpensive plastic version). I use #4 filters which are far less expensive and easier to find than the #2 filters and work far better with how they extend above the holder. I use a Yeti or OT 20 oz. mug and two level but packed scoops of French roast (San Francisco Bay brand). After brewing, the filter with wet grounds is simply removed and tossed in the garbage (or fire if you have one going).

26477166919_2eebbda672_b.jpg

Rocket Appartamento espresso machine, Rocket Fausto grinder, and Stumptown coffee for home. Aeropress with permanent filter and manual grinder and stump town coffee for camper. And hammock camping Medaglia Dora instant. Always with REI insulated cup. Love a good cup in the morning.

Nice shot of Davis Lake Cuervo. Drowned a lot of flies there in the old days, very pretty spot.

Since this thread has been brewing for quite awhile, was wondering if it is time for filtering a consensus. :p
Or maybe I require another cup of Joe.

CraggyMan said:
Since this thread has been brewing for quite awhile, was wondering if it is time for filtering a consensus. :p
Or maybe I require another cup of Joe.
Craggy, that's up with groaner joke territory. In other words, I love it!!!

Back
Top Bottom