Colorado- Weston, Hagerman, and Marshall Pass

4buckeye

Advanced Member
We've finally made it to Colorado! We knew we wanted to go northwest or southwest after Denver and decided on southwest. I have to thank Meech and thenost recent post on Happy Campers blog for the info on a good 4x4 trails book that led us to some pretty cool spots to start. We are now more southeast than we planned to be in Canon City due to some truck issues that we are having serviced tomorrow. From here we will probably head to Crested Butte (one of our favorites). Here's our most recent adventures...

http://4buckeye.blogspot.com/2013/07/colorado-weston-hagerman-and-marshall.html

Hey 4Buckeye, I've been in Crested Butte for 37 years and have been in the backcountry quite a bit during my years here. If you have any questions about the area, give me a shout. PM me or call 970 275-0691.

Good Camping!

Paul

4buckeye great blog, what was your mpg in you rig? Dorocks, where in CO are you heading. I'm going to be jeeping around Ouray from 7/29-8/3. I'm looking for someone to tackle black bear pass with me. Let me know.

Nice write up. That's familiar territory for us, thanks for letting us come along! Interesting about the dealership in Salida not being more helpful to a traveler in need.

Phird05 said:
Hey 4Buckeye, I've been in Crested Butte for 37 years and have been in the backcountry quite a bit during my years here. If you have any questions about the area, give me a shout. PM me or call 970 275-0691.

Good Camping!

Paul

Thanks Paul! We love Crested Butte! Last visit there we did a hike up in Gothic to Copper Lake and it was gorgeous. A little insane seeing we made 5 water crossings (while carrying our dogs across!) without water shoes, a little ill prepared. :-/ this time we are ready and looking forward to it, and doing more driving trails too.

5444 said:
4buckeye great blog, what was your mpg in you rig? Dorocks, where in CO are you heading. I'm going to be jeeping around Ouray from 7/29-8/3. I'm looking for someone to tackle black bear pass with me. Let me know.

On average 16 mpg.

ski3pin said:
Nice write up. That's familiar territory for us, thanks for letting us come along! Interesting about the dealership in Salida not being more helpful to a traveler in need.
Thanks Ski! It was our first time in this area and we really enjoyed it. The dealership in Salida was out for weeks and offered us a few days as being helpful. Just glad they could recommend us to somewhere else nearby that could do it.

Doug Stewart said:
Have you gotten over Marshall Pass yet?
Stew, never made it over. Too concerned about the truck and left after one night in a dispersed site. Out of Colorado now. We really enjoyed it.

4buckeye said:
We've finally made it to Colorado! We knew we wanted to go northwest or southwest after Denver and decided on southwest. I have to thank Meech and thenost recent post on Happy Campers blog for the info on a good 4x4 trails book that led us to some pretty cool spots to start. We are now more southeast than we planned to be in Canon City due to some truck issues that we are having serviced tomorrow. From here we will probably head to Crested Butte (one of our favorites). Here's our most recent adventures...

http://4buckeye.blogspot.com/2013/07/colorado-weston-hagerman-and-marshall.html
Glad the book proved useful. Great blog, thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom