Current Spike in Gas Prices

How are gas prices affecting your travel plans?

• Makes no difference, I'm hitting the road!

Votes: 73 78.5%
  • Ouch, I'm staying close to home, shorter trips

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • My wallet is empty, no trips for me.

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
It's such a good price right now I'm burning the 91 octane good stuff. The truck seems to be much happier when pulling hills. Noticed a slight improvement in MPG also.

Lowest price in Bend, OR today is $1.779 (unleaded, at Arco).

It's so low that it's cheaper to go on a road trip than to stay home and heat the house.

I paid $1.67, less 3 cents/gallon Kroger member discount for a net of $1.64, for diesel on Sunday morning in Virginia Beach, VA. I think the lowest price I've paid since purchasing the diesel truck in May 2004 was $1.59, and that was so long ago that diesel was still cheaper than gasoline across the board. I forget exactly what gasoline was there at the Kroger, but we saw plenty of prices in the upper $1.40s.

I'm running mid-grade in the Mazda B-3000 daily driver due to the whopping 500 miles a month I drive it in-town and since it doesn't ping on mid-grade. Really living high on the hog, eh?

Bizarro economics, indeed.

Foy

MarkBC said:
<snip>

It's so low that it's cheaper to go on a road trip than to stay home and heat the house.
When you leaving Mark? :)

Big truck is showing up here and filling our propane tank. Current price is $1.81 a gallon.

ski3pin said:
When you leaving Mark? :)
I plan to head off on a ~3000 mile trip at the end of February.
My truck-with-camper gets no better than 12 mpg, so low gas prices are most welcome for this retired guy.

I paid $26.20 for 21.5 gallons = $1.22; $1.45 - 23¢ discount in Forest Lake, MN this morning :D

jim

I saw this AP story last night:
Experts tell panel why gas is so expensive in California

According to my GasBuddy app (here's the desktop-website version), gas can be found as cheap as $1.25/gal in Tucson, AZ :eek: , where I'm headed soon.

The lowest gas prices in Bend (an ARCO station that's usually the lowest) have dropped about 10¢/gal since I last posted 9 days ago...still about 45¢/gal more than Tucson's cheapest.

I probably should rent a tank-trailer to pull behind my truck and fill up while down there, haul it home.

MarkBC said:
I plan to head off on a ~3000 mile trip at the end of February.
My truck-with-camper gets no better than 12 mpg, so low gas prices are most welcome for this retired guy.
It's great that your fuel cost won't put such a huge dent in your wallet. It will make the trip much more enjoyable. I'll be driving a similar distance in the beginning of March, hopefully the prices remain low for both of us.

Have a great trip!!!

BTW I've already done 3 trips this year and it has indeed been nice saving on the fuel. It's part of why we have already done 3 trips.

Since prices here are now steadily rising the last couple of weeks - $3.35 gal regular unleaded -

I'm resurrecting this topic.

^ sheesh, $1.49/l here in Metro Vancouver. That's will the city and carbon tax all in.

Converts today to $4.48 USD/gal

Diesel is about .10/l cheaper.

Does it affect my plans ? not really most places we drive to are cheaper and life's going by fast enough without waiting.

ski3pin said:
Since prices here are now steadily rising the last couple of weeks - $3.35 gal regular unleaded -

I'm resurrecting this topic.
Oops, added another dime within 24 hours - $3.45

Here in Bend it's $2.55 - $2.90/gal, according to my GasBuddy app.

GasBuddy says it's $2.15/gal in Houston, TX. (I need to head southeast...)

In Bridgeport, CA...if you have to ask you can't afford it! ;)

Back
Top Bottom