Current Spike in Gas Prices

How are gas prices affecting your travel plans?

• Makes no difference, I'm hitting the road!

Votes: 73 78.5%
  • Ouch, I'm staying close to home, shorter trips

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • My wallet is empty, no trips for me.

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
$2.92 for Regular and $3.15 for diesel here in Southern Colorado.

Had a diesel F-250 for 20 years. Diesel was and average of .20 cents per gallon cheaper than gas when I bought it. A fine truck.

Recently traded for a new F-150, gasser. Fuel price shift is almost exactly reversed today.

Payloads on both vehicles are approximately the same. Heavier engine on the Diesel and reduced weight with Aluminum on the F-150

Unexpected benefit is that the F-150 now gets 2 mpg better mileage with the camper than the diesel did.

Cheapest diesel in town is 3.89 which means most places its well over four dollars a gallon. Hate to think what it is in Bridgeport!

FWIW: Here in Peru the prices I've seen are from 12 - 15 soles/gallon -- about $3.60 - $4.50/gal (depending on location and octane). Though Peru is a metric country in general...for some reason they use U.S. gallons for selling gasoline. :unsure:

We spent 3 weeks road tripping/backpacking on New Zealand's South Island this spring. "Petro" was around $2.20 NZD per litre. Around $5.80 or so per gallon $US. Checking the internet I see that prices there spiked up to over $2.50 NZD this summer. If I lived there a small diesel flatbed pickup would be my choice of vehicles at around $1.65- $1.75 NZD per litre.

BTW - last fill up in Auburn was $3.65 at Mobil.

Surprise. Gas prices actually dropped for the holiday: $2.299 at Costco for regular, $3.099 for diesel.

In Palo Cedro, 10 miles east of Redding, CA, regular at the Chevron is $4.09 today.
Now, Chevron is often the most expensive... But CA prices in general are why I try to fuel up while still in Oregon...and try to make it back it back across the border to Klamath Falls on the same tank.

Paid $1.999/gal for 87 octane tonight in Circle Pines. Station 2 miles away was $2.399.

Back
Top Bottom