Cutting board, turnbuckle access

craig333

Riley's Human
In the process of a semi thorough cleaning of the camper. I hope I can get the foam back in the covers, it was a pita getting it out.

But, while I'm at the turnbuckle access doors aren't in great shape anymore. I'm thinking of replacing them with plastic. The rails they slide in aren't in great shape either. Does FWC or ATC have something better now?

My cutting board was looking pretty awful so I sanded it down and I'm ready to oil it. Most say to use mineral oil, is that the best ?

P.S. I ran boiling water down the drain to clean out anything that might be lurking in there. Nothing squealed but it sure smells better now :)

I noticed that when I removed the foam from my mattress cover that someone forgot to remove a bunch of plastic wrap. Then I realized that it was there (only around the back end) so it would be easier to slip into the cover. At least, that was my conclusion.

Can't help you in the other areas but the answers will come!

Steve

craig333 said:
<stuff clipped>

But, while I'm at the turnbuckle access doors aren't in great shape anymore. I'm thinking of replacing them with plastic. The rails they slide in aren't in great shape either. Does FWC or ATC have something better now?

My cutting board was looking pretty awful so I sanded it down and I'm ready to oil it. Most say to use mineral oil, is that the best ?

<more stuff clipped>
Craig, FWC uses a hinged door now. That might be a solution. Also, maybe a plastic cutting board to replace the wood?

Hinged just might be a solution. The seat covers went back on much easier than I anticipated. I spot treated then pre-soaked for an hour before washing. Looks 100% better now. The cutting board fits over the sink so nice its worth keeping in good shape. I do carry a plastic one for outside.

Craig, I have been using bamboo cutting boards,they are not as porous and clean up nicely.
I store them,I have 2 one large 10"x12"and a smaller one, behind the stove with a small bungee cord.
Frank

Mineral oil would just make a mess of my cutting board:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00453OMYI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The hinged doors for turnbuckle access on my new Grandby are SPRING LOADED. It takes some small force to open them. This makes the camper mouse proof, as well as preventing them from flopping around while driving. Latches would work as well, but they would be a bit more trouble.to open and close.

Craig, when my camper was new, I had some warranty issues. During the repair process, FWC replaced the sliding cover openings with their new hinged doors. Huge improvement, also they seal better for dust and critters.

Well, tap plastics ripped me off for four dollars for a plastic replacement. cut to fit. For two. Nice guys too. I'm gonna have to find more reasons to go back to them. I have a dog to deal with the critter issue.

Back
Top Bottom