DD Report - Sept 2009 Colorado Rally

Descending Cinnamon Pass towards Lake City:

gallery_2_108_54681.jpg

gallery_2_108_5189.jpg

That night we had a pretty nasty wind & hail storm so everyone was eager to pack up and get on the road Sunday morn:

gallery_2_108_110600.jpg

Turned into a beautiful Fall day for mountain driving:

gallery_2_108_109753.jpg

Marc and I decided to head West for a final night camping in Moab. Quick stop at Telluride on the way:

gallery_2_108_45924.jpg

Final night at Granstaff Campground:

gallery_2_108_94561.jpg

Another outstanding trip with a great group of people! Thanks a lot to everyone that showed up. Until next time.........

gallery_2_108_13066.jpg

Great pics and write up Aaron. It was good to see some old faces as well as meeting the new. It seems that are WTW gatherings are getting better and better. Thanks to all that were able to make it.

marc

Thanks for all your great trip comments and pictures.I really need to get out there and explore some of those trails.Maybe next year I will have a review.Thats what retirement is all about!

Thank you for the pictures. I really want to go all these places between Lake City, Silverton and Durango. But, some circumstances have caused a delay until next year. We were in Lake City a couple of years ago and did go a little bit toward Silverton. It was raining really bad and I had street tires on the truck so I turned around. Besides I wasn't sure where we were until recently. We were just cruising the Western US and ran into the area along with other awesome places.

Anyway,I live in California (Bay Area)and am wondering how long you think I should spend in the areas you took pictures of? When I was looking at a map, I thought I could do see the area fairly well in about a week. But, from looking at your pictures and reading the comments I do not think so anymore. Please let me know how much time I should consider being in the area?

Thank you,

Darryl
ATC Bobcat, 4X4 Tacoma

Darryla

I live down south, and nine days and over 2300 miles later I still could of spent more time. Yah, you could take less time but I think you would be doing yourself an injustice. :D

marc

Back
Top Bottom