Death Valley Rally Jan 17th.

Where to go?

All of Tomas Tierra's suggestions sound gret to me. I am yet to do Titus Canyon but have heard it is a must do. Thought I read somewhere that it is closed in winter. Anyone know for sure?

DD, do you know where you will be camping the night you arrive? Would be fun to do a WTW meet and greet. Everyone provide a little food, a little drink, swap stories, etc.

Ted

DD, do you know where you will be camping the night you arrive? Would be fun to do a WTW meet and greet. Everyone provide a little food, a little drink, swap stories, etc.

I'm hoping to get some suggestions on this from wanderers that have been to the area. We should establish that and whether we are going to need permits or reservations for our shenanigans.

permits or reservations needed?

From the Death Valley NP website:

Overnight group size is limited to 15 people and no more than 6 vehicles. Larger groups will need to split up and camp at least 1 mile apart.

So it seems the first thing we need to establish is how many people/vehicles we will be. That will have to be a best estimate because some may not know until the last minute. For the record, we qualify as 1 vehicle/2 people.

re:How many

For the record, we will also be there. One vehicle, two people.

Edohart+Ted+ deltarat = 3 vehicles, 5 people, 3 dogs.

We really need to get a handle on the head count so we can figure out the permits so I have started ANOTHER thread. SORRY in advance! :D

deltarat

Sent you an PM about convoying to DV. Craig333 or any other Sacto area members, let me know if you want to join us.

Ted

Back
Top Bottom