Elkhorn Electrical Storm 9/17/22

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
We just had a severe electrical storm roll across the Elkhorn Mts, with numerous strikes to ground. We could see a small fire start, then disappear in the Marble Pass area. This has the potential to be ugly. Picture credit to my daughter, Kate Stoller.

gallery_4841_711_848985.jpeg

If its the same as Norcal, about ten the lookouts will start calling in smoke reports. I never have figured out how to photograph lightning.

She also caught a strike on the ridge that caused a brief fire about 30 seconds later. After a minute or so we could no longer se the glow. The video is in my gallery.

WOW! Always enjoying seeing (and respecting) lighting. Captured well!

Ski there was a 3 acre fire in Lundy Canyon this morning. Hope it is out!

pvstoy said:
WOW! Always enjoying seeing (and respecting) lighting. Captured well!

Ski there was a 3 acre fire in Lundy Canyon this morning. Hope it is out!
I can't find any news on that fire.

ski3pin said:
Same here. I'll hope that is good news! :)
well, I did find a press release from the Sheriff's office but it had no date on it and the next item on the search page was a fire from 2013

Well we were not crazy and we did see what looked like a fire around Mono lake by looking at AirNow on Sept 18, 22. I think that my gal did search and was looking at your same results.

BUT...

Attached is the Archive from September 18 that shows to what looks like a fire plume. Might it have been that the smoke was so bad from the mosquito fire that it could have traveled south and settled into the area?
sept18-22 airnow.JPG
sept18-22-2 airnow.JPG

Back
Top Bottom