Extended Summer - Lots of Pics!

Been in Baja but am jumping ahead here a little. I'll get back to the Baja posts soon. Update to site linked below:

http://nowheretobetour.blogspot.com/2018/04/once-again-im-way-behind-in-keeping.html

Grand%20Canyone-8-L.jpg

Been roaming about over the past six weeks or so up in BC, Alaska and Washington State. Going to get around to updating my blogsite soon, as I've got a ton of pictures, but in the meantime, I thought I'd post up one of the more epic campsites I had on the trip. Was tough to leave this place.

Salmon%20Drone-10-L.jpg

SalmonGlacier%20%28130%29-L.jpg

Alright here goes. I'm just going to post up a bunch of pictures, on several different posts, rather than messing with the blogsite http://nowheretobetour.blogspot.com/ Since I last updated here when I was down in Baja, Southwest, been across the country where I lived out of the Chinook for about 4 months, two trips up to Bella Coola/Chilcotin Plateau (FWC), two trips over to the Olympic Penisula (FWC) and two trips up to the Banff/Jasper area. Yada, Yada, Yada. Needless to say, I've got a ton of pics. I take way too many pictures when I'm out roaming around and then they become overwhelming. Although one I took did win me second prize in Four Wheel Campers photo contest so I guess it does pay off sometimes. Grab a cold one and have a seat or say screw it because there are too many pics. Your choice.

SanJuanico%20Drone%20%284%20of%203%29-XL.jpg

Going to try and keep these in some kind of chronological order so we'll head back to Baja first and go from there. If some of these pictures are redundant from previous posts....oh well, you'll get over it. Start out with a drone shot on the Pacific side in Baja. We had spent the afternoon trying to access a point right on the coast but we never could tie the roads together to get there so we found this spot and called it a night. Needless to say, we had it to ourselves. You didn't want to walk too far to piss at night. It was quite a drop.

San%20Bassillio%20Fish%20Hawk%20PS-XL.jpg

Near camp on the Sea of Cortez, Baja.

San%20Bassillio%20Osprey2%20%2815%29-Edit-XL.jpg

Typical sunset on the Sea of Cortez

San%20Bass%20%2840%29-Edit-XL.jpg

More Baja

SanJuanico%20LastDay%20%2849%29-Edit-XL.jpg

My friend, Wayne Long, whom I've traveled with quite a bit over the past few years. Here we were camped on the Pacific side on a spot you could only get to at low tide. Miles of beach driving but what a spot. We ended up bringing in the New Year here.

BajaDrone%20%281%20of%201%29-XL.jpg

New Year's spot.

Cave%20Paintings%20%283%20of%203%29-XL.jpg

Baja

Drive%20North%20%2878%29-XL.jpg

My traveling buddy, Petey.

San%20Bassilio%20%28128%29-XL.jpg

Yep, I take way too many pictures of my dog. I'll get to some more pics.....soon. Gotta drink a beer now.

Really enjoy your photography. You seem to be at the right place at the right time and have the eye to catch it.
What kind of drone do you have?

buckland said:
Really enjoy your photography. You seem to be at the right place at the right time and have the eye to catch it.
What kind of drone do you have?
Thanks, glad you like the photos. I use to have the Phantom 3 drone but after a recent crash which kinda screwed up the Phantom I decided to go with something much smaller, the DJI Spark. Camera on the Spark isn't near as good as the Phantom but I find myself using it much more because of the size. The spark is so easy to store and to just stop and throw it up in the air. Here's a recent shot I took after coming out of Glacier National Park and taking a detour to explore on the backside of Hungry Horse Dam. Threw it up right before crossing the dam. Sure a lot of you guys have already been back up in here but this is a great place to do some camping and exploring. A forest service road goes all the way around this reservoir with lots of side roads as well. The perimeter road is almost 100 miles in length. At the far end, you can access the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. Great camping opportunities along this route. I definitely plan on returning to this area for some further exploration.

KickingHorseDam-2-XL.jpg

Black and white still my favorite. A long time ago I taught photography in a high school...teaching in the American School of Asunción Paraguay. Traveled a lot around SA and almost exclusively shot B&W though Kodachrome too. I followed the Zone photography method of Adams ....
thanks. Don’t do more than iPhone these days but I love to see others work. You have a great eye. Thanks for the drone info too.

Back
Top Bottom