Extended Summer - Lots of Pics!

Very nice TR. Did the UP a year ago. The falls, was that Tachonoman State Park. Nice micro-brewery there. I butchered the name. jd

As usual, you have very beautiful photographs (you are truly a gifted photographer) and a great narrative. What great shots of the bears!

GroovyDad said:
As usual, you have very beautiful photographs (you are truly a gifted photographer) and a great narrative. What great shots of the bears!
longhorn1 said:
Very nice TR. Did the UP a year ago. The falls, was that Tachonoman State Park. Nice micro-brewery there. I butchered the name. jd
Yep those were the falls. I'm not sure of the spelling either but that was close. I didn't get to hit up the micro brew as I was pressed for time to find a campsite.

GroovyDad said:
Thanks. I really love to shoot the bears. Hoping to get back up to Bella Coola to shoot the Grizzlies again in Sept. Hopefully, it will happen.

Better late than never. Finally got around to updating the blogsite and am trying to catch up. Working on others which will be forthcoming.

Update to the blogsite: http://nowheretobetour.blogspot.com/2017/08/upstate-ny-adirondacks.html

TotTiff%20Adirondack%20MooseRiver%20%282%20of%204%29-XL.jpg

The Ads are in my neck of the woods with a lot to see. The 1000 island Nat part north of the Ads is very nice as well. The New York wine country is a good area as it is also close to the Corning Glass museum. Raquette Lake shot of your pal is a fine place. Blue Mountain Lake, Cedar River Flow and Saranac Lake.....

Love it, Park! I find it amusing that you talk about a "quick" trip to Alaska hahaha!
Where was Petey for this adventure?

hoyden said:
Love it, Park! I find it amusing that you talk about a "quick" trip to Alaska hahaha!
Where was Petey for this adventure?
Dawn.....only gone a week but I'm about to fix that. I'm leaving in a few days to head up to Bella Coola, BC in search of Grizzlies. Hopefully I'll find them. Left Petey with some friends on the Alaska trip. Hated to do it but the cargo ship won't let any pets aboard. I'm real particular who I leave him with but it worked out. I refuse to leave him in a kennel. I'm way to attached to that dog!

Finally got another update to the blogsite done so here goes. Click here if you care:

http://nowheretobetour.blogspot.com/2017/09/push-south.html

TotTiff%20Maine%20%286%20of%208%29-X2.jpg

park said:
Dawn.....only gone a week but I'm about to fix that. I'm leaving in a few days to head up to Bella Coola, BC in search of Grizzlies. Hopefully I'll find them. Left Petey with some friends on the Alaska trip. Hated to do it but the cargo ship won't let any pets aboard. I'm real particular who I leave him with but it worked out. I refuse to leave him in a kennel. I'm way to attached to that dog!

Finally got another update to the blogsite done so here goes. Click here if you care:

http://nowheretobetour.blogspot.com/2017/09/push-south.html
Hey Park!

Yeah, I definitely get that! I am particular too. Also, I won't put Argos in a boarding place cuz when I found him at the Flagstaff Humane Society, he was so terrified and freaked out he was curled up in a little ball in his kennel and wouldn't even lift his head up when people walked by. We had to carry him outside for him to go to the bathroom! And then carried him to my truck. I won't put him in an kind of kenneling situation again.

Looking forward to your Bella Coola, BC report! I lived up on the Sunshine Coast for almost a year in the mid-1990's. Love it up there!

hoyden said:
Why was Petey in the hospital? I hope he's okay!
Great photos! Did you get any maple sugar? :)
Thanks for the compliment on the photos. Petey was in for a teeth cleaning and a couple of shots. I thought I was going to cross into Canada and needed to update his shots so I went ahead and scheduled him for a cleaning. Freaks me out when they have to put him under to do it. I always worry about it. No maple sugar but some pancake syrup. I love that stuff. Nothing like the real thing.

park said:
Thanks for the compliment on the photos. Petey was in for a teeth cleaning and a couple of shots. I thought I was going to cross into Canada and needed to update his shots so I went ahead and scheduled him for a cleaning. Freaks me out when they have to put him under to do it. I always worry about it. No maple sugar but some pancake syrup. I love that stuff. Nothing like the real thing.
Ah, okay, phew. Yay Petey all up to date!
I had to have Pugsly put under once to remove a lump on her chest and it scared me.

When I was in 4th grade, I road-tripped with my best friend and her family to Maine (somewhere?)
I learned what "skunk cabbage" is, climbed some mountain, and got introduced to maple sugar. BEST THING EVER.

Park, enjoyed your report and photos as usual. Want to get to Maine someday. Too bad about the Baxter park dog policy. I hate that. A few bad apples spoil it for responsible people. Love the moose shots. Thanks for posting.

Great composition.... enjoyed them. Went to your blog again and found your trip to the NMW... I have been going there yearly for 40 years....that said I like that camp spot looking at Katahdin ... pm me where that is... seems like you are southeast? Looks like one I’d like knowing of.

Back
Top Bottom