Extended Summer - Lots of Pics!

Man I am such a slacker as I totally quite posting but have tons of pics from my extended trip in the camper this summer. I parked the camper and rode the bike up to Alaska for 5 weeks and got busy doing some other stuff as well. Here are some more pics from this summer.

Crested%20Butte%20%287%20of%2018%29-L.jpg

Crested%20Butte%20%282%20of%202%29-L.jpg

Tin%20Cup-2-L.jpg

BattleCreek-5-L.jpg

P1010708-L.jpg

Rd%20to%20Landers-5-L.jpg

Rd%20to%20Landers-2-L.jpg

Rd%20to%20Landers-6-L.jpg

I've now been on the road on and off for over a year and had a Ride Report going here and simply fell way behind on it. Seeing as to how I was posting up to different forums I simply decided to start up a blog report with lots of pictures and some ramblings about my travels. I was up in Alaska and the Yukon on the bike last fall and just got back from a 4 month trip in the camper where I was in Baja and the Southwest. Will be headed back up to Alaska in the camper in a couple of months. Anyway, if anyone is interested in the camper trip which I just recently got back from you can follow along on the blogsite:

http://www.nowheretobetour.blogspot.com

Wow great pictures!!!
I certainly understand the KOA campground thing! VERY GLAD most folks camp there....
Once when visiting family in southern California we drove past a "campground" in the San Diego area and my relation said "Gosh wouldn't it be nice to get away like that"?!?!?
I thought they were kidding!!
Oh well, guess that's why I live in the North-west!
Happy Travels....

Great report and beautiful photos Park--I especially like the "Occupants" photo. Does your dog go with you on the bike or does he hang out in camp while you explore?

GroovyDad said:
Great report and beautiful photos Park--I especially like the "Occupants" photo. Does your dog go with you on the bike or does he hang out in camp while you explore?
No, he doesn't go with me on the bike. I leave him in the camper and go out riding for usually 5 or 6 hours. He does fine in there.

Update to blog: http://nowheretobetour.blogspot.com/

A backpacking trip up in the Olympics before loading back up in the FWC and headed north. Have decided to go back up to Alaska, this time with the camper so I can take Petey along. Although I enjoy travelling by bike as I did last summer, I'm really looking forward to being up there in the camper. Plan is to explore some of the areas I didn't get to last year and do as much wildlife photography as I can find. Finishing up some modifications to the camper prior to heading off and bought a motorcycle trailer to pull behind. Wanted to have some additional storage so I'm going with this option. I'll get some pictures posted up of the mods and the trailer before pulling out later this week.

LenaLakeBackpack-14-XL.jpg

Loaded up, leaving this morning and headed north to Alaska and the Yukon Territory for a little roam about. No set destination, just going north for now. Not riding the bike up this time but taking the camper and a new to me trailer set up. Petey is on this roam about as well. Let the explorations begin. Will be updating the blog: www.nowheretobetour.blogspot.com when the "world wide web" is located. Adios!

Petey-20-XL.jpg

What do you carry in that little trailer? Is it just for gear, etc. or does it pop out into something?

Have a safe trip north and dodge those skeeters.

Back
Top Bottom