Extended Summer - Lots of Pics!

Update to blog: http://www.nowheretobetour.blogspot.ca/

Headed north......

Alaska2015-7-XL.jpg

Currently up in the Yukon. Will try and post some updates soon but the Internet is way slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Canol Road, Yukon Territory.

xxx-61-XL.jpg

Great pics and enjoyed the blog! What size bike you got. Thinking about getting one to go with my camper albeit smaller I would guess:)

Happyjax said:
Great pics and enjoyed the blog! What size bike you got. Thinking about getting one to go with my camper albeit smaller I would guess:)
Thanks and glad you checked out the blog. The bike is a 97 DR350.

Thanks for the pictures/report.Whenever someone posts a TR it always seems to bring back great memories,of the places we have been.
Enjoyed the Dempster.Although we only drove as far as Tombstone,time limited the drive.
Great road. Also highly suggest doing the Cassiar. It's one of the greatest drives you can take,IMO.
Great places to stay and also the wildlife is awesome.
Thanks for sharing.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Thanks for the pictures/report.Whenever someone posts a TR it always seems to bring back great memories,of the places we have been.
Enjoyed the Dempster.Although we only drove as far as Tombstone,time limited the drive.
Great road. Also highly suggest doing the Cassiar. It's one of the greatest drives you can take,IMO.
Great places to stay and also the wildlife is awesome.
Thanks for sharing.
Frank
Have driven the Cassiar twice now and I concur, it's a great road. Much better than the AlCan in my opinion. Will have some updates soon on other areas explored up north.

We have driven the Cassiar complete once,but in 1990 we ,with both daughters took the ferry to Stewart/Hyder than drove south from there.
In 2009 we drove the whole road. In 2012 on the return from our Denali trip we drove about half way south but were turned around at Deese Lk.due to landslides that closed the road south of there.We choose to get back to Skagway and ferry south,good move.
So we almost drove it 3 times.
It's such a great road.
Funny though when we were on it our first trip(1990) there was a large sign at the Stewart junction that gave a grave warning about driving north from that point,but that was before most of the road had been paved/improved.
Now it only has a few miles of gravel.Piece of cake.
Thanks Park for renewing those memories.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Thanks Park for renewing those memories.
Frank
Frank....stay tuned for some upcoming posts to the blog on some stuff I did off of the Cassiar. The Cassiar is good but some of the side roads (dirt) are even better.

Back
Top Bottom