Favorite signs you've come across while wandering?

rotti

I was about a mile out of Maybell Colorado when I came across this.
Love northwest Colorado.

4oeQka6.jpg

Eighty some miles further it got even better.

ebl5OIY.jpg

Almost there.

Finally....no more signs.

Any signs that struck a chord with you?

This has always been one of my favorites. If you ever go that way in early spring or after a spell of rainy weather... you've been warned. Click it to embiggen.

RoadSign_1000w-IMG_5831.jpg

Nice idea for a thread. I need to dig through some old snapshot and slide negatives, as I'm sure I've got some goodies from back in my mineral exploration days.

Rotti- you must have been southbound out of Maybell, crossing the Western Slope down towards I-70. I had the pleasure of running US 40 through Maybell in 2011, enroute from Park City, UT to Granby and then through RMNP and points east. Remote and scenic, US 40 is, but no lengthy intervals w/out services. South of there--pretty wide open.

Foy

Foy said:
Rotti- you must have been southbound out of Maybell, crossing the Western Slope down towards I-70. I had the pleasure of running US 40 through Maybell in 2011, enroute from Park City, UT to Granby and then through RMNP and points east. Remote and scenic, US 40 is, but no lengthy intervals w/out services. South of there--pretty wide open.

Foy
Nope...northwest on 318, then north on county dirt to Irish Canyon, and if so inclined, on to Rock Springs, WY 120 miles total.
As far as services there is an outhouse at the entrance to Irish Canyon. I wouldn't give it my 5 star recommendation.

Ski....would that offer include retired military?
You did go in right?

My goodness, my goodness, my goodness............................................

let's get on to some other signs. :)

Perhaps someone has a photo of one of my favorites -

Your GPS Is Wrong!

I know of two places with this signage

Patagonia last year traveling down the road. You can believe this sign, it even has a lean to it!

And one I had Carol take out the window in Bishop. When I lived in Bishop I worked for Mr. Simpson working on tires.

Attachments

• 131208_PP3694.jpg
    131208_PP3694.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 249
  • 090121CG1_649.jpg
    090121CG1_649.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 255
Didn't take a photo (almost did, sorry guys), but I just saw a long explanation of all the stuff you'd need with you on a jeep road. It listed all the stuff I'd expect, but we got a kick out of "and a bucket" in particular.

And then there's this one:
attachment.php

These signs definitely got my attention as two people had been killed and one injured prior to my visit.

kUK3mb2.jpg

26yuFjo.jpg

I also got this one in Albuquerque

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Wander The West mobile app

Attachments

• 1419441727519.jpg
    1419441727519.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 324

Back
Top Bottom