Favorite signs you've come across while wandering?

uh huh

Attachments

• IMG_1714.jpeg
    IMG_1714.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 43
The first time I saw that view my thoughts were,what if you were an
explorer in then early 1800s.You are just plodding along and come upon the rim.
What a shock to see this massive canyon.WOW.
Frank

In "The Man Who Walked Through Time", Colin Fletcher talks about the tyranny of the camera after he dropped his and no longer was looking at everything for its photographic possibilities.

JaSAn said:
In "The Man Who Walked Through Time", Colin Fletcher talks about the tyranny of the camera after he dropped his and no longer was looking at everything for its photographic possibilities.
In the past I took lots of photos of our travels. As time went on I began to take less and less. Went through a period of wondering if I had lost the 'buzz' from photography. But I eventually realized I could walk around with a camera and take many, or only a few and sometimes no photos. A good photo is still a good photo. But a missed photo is not a big deal. It does not distress me to to go out all day and get no photos at all. Kind of liberating being free from the tyranny of the camera. I will pick up a copy of Fletcher's book.

I take snap shots, I'm no photographer. But I do take them because they remind me of past trips. I have them come up on my screen saver and have some on the walls. They are pleasant reminders.
So easy now with smart phone cameras.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
The first time I saw that view my thoughts were,what if you were an
explorer in then early 1800s.You are just plodding along and come upon the rim.
What a shock to see this massive canyon.WOW.
Frank
I vividly remember the first time I took in that view. Absolutely breathtaking.

I guess I would add to the sign:

Just look..........
and see............
and breathe.

I get caught up in life and feel at times I'm holding my breath. Camping, exploring and especially taking in amazing beauty somehow allows me to naturally embrace a deep breath in. When I release and exhale, I reset and everything seem right again.

Cpt Davenport said:
I vividly remember the first time I took in that view. Absolutely breathtaking.

I guess I would add to the sign:

Just look..........
and see............
and breathe.

I get caught up in life and feel at times I'm holding my breath. Camping, exploring and especially taking in amazing beauty somehow allows me to naturally embrace a deep breath in. When I release and exhale, I reset and everything seem right again.
Exactly! Well said.

No photo, been a lot of years - on the "road" between the turn off to Florence Lake and Vermillion Resort at Lake Edison the dirt tread went to both sides of a clump of trees. Someone had put up signs that said "Divided Highway" and then "End Divided Highway".

Back
Top Bottom