Feels like fall...

Well, it's clear and very cold here with some snow later on this week. To night is supposed be bellow zero-it seems that we are on the western edge of that storm that came down from Canada and is bringing cool temps to Colorado and the mid west. Again THEY say, this is looking like the coolest start to winter here since 08/09-very little snow, just cold temps. Second day in a row that I started a fire at noon, and I put a pot of red beans and ham hocks/bacon on the slow cooker-nothing better than that on a cold day! Weeks like this tempt me moving to a warmer climate!

Smoke

Smoke, sharing your pain. Temps here are headed for the deep freeze. Below zero daytime high forecast for Saturday. Good thought on the red beans and ham hocks. We got to love red beans and rice when we lived in New Orleans for a year back in the 70s. The longer they cook, the better they are. :)

More like winter....snow on the Valley floor. <sigh> Only a couple tenths so far and still snowing. It's the dry variety tho. Scraped off the sidewalks and threw some deicer around here at the office already.

Our world is frozen white. 2°F, heading lower, 6 inches of snow on the ground. Tomorrow's high -2°F. Feels like winter. But better than the over 40 inches of snow they got in Two Harbors on Lake Superior. Even 2 snowblowers would be hard pressed to deal with that!

1530-Over cast, a slight wind, real cold (below freezing maybe on Saturday) and the ridges above Susanville are starting to disappear. This storm sure is been moving slow, but almost here, so takeiteady, we should be white all over like you real soon, and Ski and others to my south should began to feel it in a while. Fire in the wood stove going good, wood stacked, red beans and ham hocks done , yep ready for that storm to cut the PG&E power cable and cut us off from the world like usual. :p Must be winter! 1600-Ahhh, just walked outside and it is starting to snow!

Smoke

Just starting to see some drops on the "green house room roof".Fire going in the stove,second so far.Last night broke down and started a small one.
Not as cold here today.
Yeah I know wimpie people here by the ocean.Well we aren't used to temps in the 20s.
Wow over 3' of snow in Two Harbors.
Be safe and warm out there.
Two weeks till "winter".
Frank

Warmed up to 32° at noon, been dropping even since. 11° predicted for Saturday night low after the storm roars through. The Lady made it home with grub from the store. We're set.

Nice and warm here.
Should have snow on our mountains here on the coast.
Frank

Attachments

• DSCN6604.jpg
    DSCN6604.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 85
Was -2F yesterday morning but warmed up 10 degrees to 8F this morning with a couple of inches of snow here on the short-grass prairie. Mr Coyote ran along the back fence line just now.

0600. Light snow here, snowed maybe 3-4" last night. Well, we did not get hit as much as we thought we would, but any snow is better than what we have been getting-our snow pack here has been really behind what we need. A chance of snow in Sac and in the central valley, though, weird weather year. It's supposed to get below zero tonight, then warm up later next week. You folks to east have fun with what ever this weather brings your way!

Smoke

We got about 6" in Bend in the past couple of days -- ultra-light and fluffy as it fell at about 10 degrees.

If this forecast for tonight comes true it'll be the coldest in Bend in several years:
Weather_20131207-1.jpg

We'll see...

-2 at 5 am which is very unusual for us. The last time in this location the thermometer dropped below 0 was in early 80s. Still 1" of snow. BRRRRR. Glad we have wood gathered and a wood stove as heat pump is not as efficient in these low temps. Keep warm.

We got a foot of snow. There were flurries through out the day. Temperature is dropping like a rock tonight. It is currently 18°.

Back
Top Bottom