Finally pulled the plug on a freezer

craig333

Riley's Human
Deal from compact appliance was too good to pass up. Open box but a few scratches doesn't bother me. Free shipping. No idea how many they have but its this weekend only.

http://www.compactappliance.com/FP430OB-Compact-EdgeStar-Portable-Refrigerator-Freezer/FP430OB,default,pd.html?cgid=Clearance_Items-Open_Box

I tried your link and it returned an invalid URL message and directed me to their home page. By chance what model did you choose?

I trust that such extravagance is motivated by the need for more ice for refreshments while jeeping?

Whatever the reason enjoy. One of my biggest logistical issues while planning a camp out is keeping frozen things frozen long enough.

I don't know what it is with links from that site. It is hard to make a good mixed drink without ice. Its the 43qt I think.

Woo hoo, it came today. I had to help the fed ex lady unload it. It not light. Construction looks pretty good. Looks brand new, no dents or scratches. Plugged it in to 110 and half an hour came out and it was already down to 15 degrees. Now I just have to figure out where to mount it.

Btw, what temps do most of you run, fridge mode and freeze mode?

Woo hoo, it came today. I had to help the fed ex lady unload it. It not light. Construction looks pretty good. Looks brand new, no dents or scratches. Plugged it in to 110 and half an hour came out and it was already down to 15 degrees. Now I just have to figure out where to mount it.

Dunno if you read the thread on that fridge at expo but make sure to try it on 12V (with a good plug) as well. A fair number of them have came with loose connections that need to get reconnected better before they are reliable.

When I go for a 5-7 day trip I start out in freezer mode and transfer prepared food to the 3-way daily. Good luck with the new purchase.

I have read the thread over at EP, all 68 pages of it. Right now its running on 110 and I'm getting some of that new plastic smell, never been run before smell. I think I'll let it run a few days before I toss it in the camper.

Craig,

You asked where to mount your freezer.
I don't remember if you have a Hawk or a Grandby.

Attached is a photo of my Engel mounted in the Grandby.

Attachments

• camper5.jpg
    camper5.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 184
Craig I run my engel in freezer mode. The after my first trip I got the two zone to add to the height. I put a small towel in the two zone basket. I keep stuff frozen in the bottom and milk eggs bacon and fruit in the top. The temp in the two zone is 38 degrees. IP9290001.JPG

Any idea where to get a two zone for the MT45? They have discontinued making them, said the price point was to steep. I really like the idea of the freezer/fridge combination. National Luna makes one, albeit the cost is high, but probably not that high if you add the cost of the two zone to the Engel.

Checked my home fridge, 40 fridge, 20 freezer. I expect how I use it will depend on the length of my trips. Shorter trips don't really need frozen stuff (though ice cream is tempting) but ice on longer trips would really be handy. We'll see how it goes.

I bought my engel from my camper dealer and he said to add the two zone. I went on two trips before I purchased the two zone. Now with the two zone I have kept ice cream for the kids and made ice in 2.5 hrs for the beer cooler. I got the last two zone the dealer had. He said the production cost was to high and they where stopping production. I'll call the dealer and see if he has one for the MT 45.

Back
Top Bottom