Fleet remodel

It's been a little while since I posted an update on the camper. We headed out for a short three day camping trip to Lava Lake outside of Bend, OR and the whole time all we could talk about was how nice it would be to have the camper. This was of course compounded by the fact that it was raining :rolleyes:

Ok enough with the chit chat and on to the update. I spent alot of time searching for the best paneling to use. There are alot of options out there and we finally settled on using 1/4" oak ply. I really like the look of oak and once stained it will be amazing.

So far I have three of the panels cut out. It really takes me a long time to get all of the measurement down and then onto the wood and of coures I am paranoid about ruining the panels so I remeasure about three times...so far so good.

Here is a before to refresh everyone's memory
Front wall before.jpg

and with the panel
Front wall with panel.jpg

these are just set in there right now. no stain or finishing.
Side panel.jpg

side panel3.jpg

Most of the cuts are made with a RotoZip. I use a table saw to rip the long lengthwise cuts. Everything else is with the zip.

later y'all

Yeah I am going to pull everything out and stain everything at one time. It's just in there for fitment. .

Thanks for the hurrah's

S.

I have made some progress on the camper (recently dubbed the "Scooby Doo" or Scooby for short as it came with a stuffed Scooby Doo). I haven't downloaded the pics yet. I'll get them up soon though.

It's motivating to see the interest in this project.

S.

remodel

That has to be one of the best jobs I have seen on a remodel. Great work. Love the floor. We have been thinking of offering that as an option or making it standard. Just haven't gotten the material yet to see how much of a cost and labor it will be.

If your ever looking for work, we may have a spot for you.:D

think your project is looking great, I plan on updating mine in the future some time so keep good notes:D nice to be able to know what to run into and be able to ask someone that has done it

Howdy everybody, I've been making progress on the camper. I got to looking at my headliner and realized how nasty it was. Naturally it had to go.
Head liner.jpg

Head liner down.jpg

Nasty mold on the back side.
Moldy headliner.jpg

I decided to add a couple of extra porch lights. One on each side and I replaced the back with a new one.
back:pass porch light.jpg

Some of the new wires in place along the back wall.
Rewiring.jpg

Onto the panel install...

All the panels are cut and stained. I used Minwax One-Step (stain and poly in one). The color is Pecan with a satin finish.

I drilled countersink holes before installing the panels.
Countersink holes.jpg

The front panel installed
Front panel installed.jpg

Another shot of the panels installed
Panels installed.jpg

The back panel will be the last to go in. I have one frame crack that I have to repair and a few more wires to run.

Next up is the galley. I'm still working out all the details of how and where I want everything.

Has anyone added insulation around the fridge?

Bye for now.

S.

Sev,

The paneling is looking good, the Pecan stain has a nice rich feel to it. I did add insulation and improved the seal between the frig. box and the works in our camper. There is a thread, which I can't seem to find, back about 2 or 3 months with a fairly detailed discussion of the frig. works and enclosures. Keep up the good work.

Sev,

I like the lights on each side, I think I could add them without too much trouble. I have to agree with you on the headliner, the rest of your camper is going to be so nice you had to replace it. Also lets you use rigid insulation on the ceiling, excellent. I noticed on the FWC site that they are now using rigid throughout the new campers. Looks like I was just a year too early for that one.

You know the lights are so simple. They are flush mouted with four screws. The passenger side might be a pain if you are not up for pulling some panels. I had to drill a few extra holes to route the wires. The drivers side wires are well hidden inside of the cabinet (for my camper anyways).

Thanks folks.
s.

Sev,

I've already had the upper cabinet off the passenger side to rebuild the doors and the refrigerator out twice, once to install the heater and the other to insulate and reshape the enclosure per manufacture spec's. While I don't really want the pull the frig. a third time it wouldn't be that bad if I should decide on the additional lights. Keep up the good work.

Back
Top Bottom