Fly Fishing Oregon & Idaho Wilderness - August 2023

I wonder about whirling disease in the trout? Bad news for the lake if so.

But really, what I hoped for was an update on the Mermaid of Wildhorse Lake situation!

AWG_Pics said:
I wonder about whirling disease in the trout? Bad news for the lake if so.

But really, what I hoped for was an update on the Mermaid of Wildhorse Lake situation!
So.........at our dinner at the Frenchglen Hotel we shared the table with a couple from Portland. Mr. Sage worked and worked at getting me to tell the story of the Mermaid. Perhaps that is why he wanted to join us on the trek down to Wildhorse, a hunt for mermaids? Has anyone ever found if the Mermaid of Wildhorse posted her exploits on social media somewhere? I cannot bring myself to look. I saw it in person.

ski3pin said:
Has anyone ever found if the Mermaid of Wildhorse posted her exploits on social media somewhere? I cannot bring myself to look. I saw it in person.
Too many weird things pop up when searching for "Mermaid Steens Mountains" -- but nothing about the MoW. A hundred years from now it may be a folktale whispered around campfires -- like the Wendigo.

goinoregon said:
nice TR ! and great to see some rain up there. i sold my atc, and pickup a used sprinter camper van tomorrow. first outing will be on thurs.... was thinking of hat point... but we like indian crossing, and the country up there.
go
Best of luck to you and Helen with your new camper! Have fun and use it often. :)

LuckyDan said:
While I’ve read all three installments, so far installment one resonates with me. I had a teacher in high school who was an avid fisherman and upland bird hunter. He was actually an interesting gent. He put Bull Trout, Steelhead and Chukar in the same category. That category being; “You go after Bullys the first couple of times for fun then after that you go for revenge”. Later in life I came to understand his logic.

Thanks for sharing. A nice trip for sure.
What a great quote. I'm still well into the "fun" stage. I'll let everyone know when I slide over to the "revenge" side. :)

Thx for the last 2 TR's! did u see any antelope in hart mtn refuge ? i have driven across a few times, and only spotted a few. the last time they were right outside the hq's buildings

Back
Top Bottom