Freshwater All Metal Drain Valve Replacement Parts and Pics

Wallowa said:
Thanks Bill..does or did FWC use different designs for these drain spigots over the years?

Why would Ramblin have multi failures?

..I will indeed keep a weather eye on the drain spigot in our '16 Hawk...

Phil
I use mine at least 3 or 4 times a day when the camper is in use. I travel with 2 dogs and this is how I fill their bowls. I also use it to wash my hands. When the tab inevitably breaks you can still operate the spigot with a Leatherman tool or something similar. Just annoying.

I think the plastic replacement is less than 5 dollars.

One problem with the valve I used is the 1/4" compression outlet. Nothing that I know of threads to 1/4" compression and I don't want a permanent hose connected via standard compression method... I might keep looking for another valve unless i can find a fitting that screws onto 1/4" compression threads...

This is a good topic. I also would like to see FWC upgrade this part. I have been very careful and use it only to drain the tank. 4 years ago someone showed a squiggly connector for the outside shower. I bought one and another fitting that is threaded. That is where I fill the dog bowl and wash my hands when I'm grilling. I will take a photo this weekend. I'm not sure I can find who the mfg. is. jd

I just installed these replacement parts today and they are high quality and fit like a glove. Never did like the cheap stocker I will finger tighten a short stainless plumbing supply line for a hose and I doubt it will leak as there is no pressure. Super nice to wash yr hands after playing in the mud!

hebegebe said:
I just installed these replacement parts today and they are high quality and fit like a glove. Never did like the cheap stocker I will finger tighten a short stainless plumbing supply line for a hose and I doubt it will leak as there is no pressure. Super nice to wash yr hands after playing in the mud!

Can you list the part sources and perhaps a photo?

Thanks..Phil

Yes I used that exact valve, I don't have the supply hose yet but the threads are extremely common interface with plumbing parts as is the valve itself. Look around Phil you will find what you need!

It sort of looks like it serves coffee :)

It will be interesting to see what it looks like installed.

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg.jpg
    s-l500.jpg.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 116
I use mine a lot also but since it hasn't broken I haven't upgraded it. This thread made me think though, if it failed while camping and I lost all my water what a pita that would be. I think I'll go upgrade soon just so that never happens.

buckland said:
Bill D how is that attached to the camper w/o a flange around it?
This valve requires the flange as well. I ordered the flange but then found that the valve referenced in the original post was out of stock, guess too many people read the first post and wanted to do the mod.

Anyway, I searched for another valve with 1/8" MPT threads and found this one as an alternate. I think I'll like it better as the other fitting is a bard so will be easy to attached a small hose. Will post pictures when I install it.

We must have created a run on those valves. I am happy to say that I ordered one and received it two days later. The flange will arrive Wednesday. I am hoping this ill be a simple project.

Just installed mine. Ten minute project including hunting down the tools. Interestingly the hose from the camper wasn't pex. I thought it was all pex but this piece wasn't. Now I just have to hunt down some tubing for it.

PJorgen said:
This valve requires the flange as well. I ordered the flange but then found that the valve referenced in the original post was out of stock, guess too many people read the first post and wanted to do the mod.

Anyway, I searched for another valve with 1/8" MPT threads and found this one as an alternate. I think I'll like it better as the other fitting is a bard so will be easy to attached a small hose. Will post pictures when I install it.
Any updates? Happy with that valve? I'm curious if the 90 degree lever is too easy to bump, and therefore risks draining the tank accidentally.

I switched from the first valve to the second due to the barbed output. I like it a lot. I don't expect the lever to be something you move accidentally, since it is up against the truck when closed and only sticking outward when open. There is no difference in flow.

Icansmelldiesel said:
Any updates? Happy with that valve? I'm curious if the 90 degree lever is too easy to bump, and therefore risks draining the tank accidentally.

I found it at Amazon with 2 day prime shipping here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JOPE8JQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1495064901&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=Motion+Pro+12-0085+1%2F4"+NPT+x+1%2F4"+Barb+90+Degree+Fuel+Valve&dpPl=1&dpID=41tHb2pBxtL&ref=plSrch
Were you able to find a backing plate for this one on Amazon?

Back
Top Bottom