FWC window retrofit kit

here are some sample pictures of what the P gasket looks like installed on the camper ...

=======================================================

The solution, which I haven't yet implemented, will be to add a 'P' gasket to the bottom portion of the camper. To do this (I believe) I will need to remove the trim retaining the soft vinyl sides to the main body of the camper, and then replace it with the 'P' gasket sandwiched between the vinyl and the trim.

Attachments

• P Gasket 1.JPG
    P Gasket 1.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 372
  • P Gasket 2.JPG
    P Gasket 2.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 397
Liner leaks

The leaks at the beginning of the thread look to be the stitching in the liner. Back in those days the liner pieces were stitched together instead of heat sealed the way they are today. VLP vinyl glue can be used to seal those seams and take care of the problem.

As to the goo that is being caused by the old Velcro that we used back then, Stan is right on that. It was a Velcro with an adhesive back that we thought was a good idea at the time. As soon as we discovered what it was doing we did away with it and went back to the non stick Velcro. I have yet to see a solution to that problem that works well. For those of you that have a camper built at that time, I apologize for that . At the time we thought it was a great idea and sometimes you don't find out until later down the road that it won't work like you thought. Some of those great ideas that we had took awhile to discover they were not so great. Over the years though with the different owners that FWC has had, the camper has done nothing but improve due to customer feed back. I am still proud of the time that I was with FWC and even prouder of the fact the company is still going strong under the current owner. Even though we may be competitors, we can still learn from each other and continue to improve our campers for the better enjoyment and longevity for our customers.

Dear Stan--

We decided to wait and replace the entire pop-up sides; now we're thinking about doing it soon.

Who do we contact to enquire about getting a whole new set?

Mark

Hey Mark

Just call our service dept. @ (800) 242-1442

Ask for Bobby or Chicali

They will be able to get you some prices and additional info

Thanks !

=========================================

Dear Stan--

We decided to wait and replace the entire pop-up sides; now we're thinking about doing it soon.

Who do we contact to enquire about getting a whole new set?

Mark

Wow! :eek::thumb:

The cost is very reasonable, fellows...

Now we have to decide whether to make it a weekend project or a week's vacation to the Mother Ship! :p

Back
Top Bottom