Had the FWC stove recall done

kmcintyre

Well, that's done...

It took a while for the local "authorized" dealer to "find" the part after it was sent to them but once they found it (took a few weeks), I made an appointment to get it installed. It literally took about 15mins.

BTW, I contacted Suburban, filled out their paperwork, they sent the part to the service dept, etc.

Kevin

When was your camper made? Ours was built in May this year with the SDS2 stove (although component sheet calls it a 333AST), visually looks to be the same stove as the recalled version, but not sure if our stove is affected. Contacts with FWC service so far not yielded a confirmation.

Maddogs said:
When was your camper made? Ours was built in May this year with the SDS2 stove (although component sheet calls it a 333AST), visually looks to be the same stove as the recalled version, but not sure if our stove is affected. Contacts with FWC service so far not yielded a confirmation.
Mine is a 2022. I would think if you have the SDS2, it's been recalled. I couldn't get in the camper to watch the install but the guy pull the stove out in about 30 seconds and I assume you could do that and see if the bracket to hold the part in, is installed. I looked at the 3333AST and it appears to be the exact same stove; maybe it has the part installed already?

I would contact Suburban but they'll probably want to know the serial number to see if it's being recalled and I think the S/N is below the stove. Might be easier to just have them send the part to your local authorized dealer and let them deal with it. You do have to go in but it might be easier than pulling the stove.

I called suburban and they were no help, the rep said they do not track stoves and manufacturing changes by serial number and could not confirm if our stove was under recall or not. HOWEVER, Brenda from FWC sent me an email today saying our stove should have the approved remedy already, with the quote "All campers built with the Suburban glass top stove after February have the modified unit 3333AST and the recall does not apply to your camper". Just to be 100% sure I plan to pop the stove out before our next trip and see if the add-on support bracket is present.

Just to be 100% sure I plan to pop the stove out before our next trip and see if the add-on support bracket is present.
The recall process apparently converts a model 3032AST stove to a model 3333AST. It even includes a little "3333AST" sticker that goes over the old model number. So you could look for that too.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2023/RMISC-23V061-0207.pdf

I received my Hawk camper in February 2023. The component sheet provided by FWC (with the warranty) indicates that the stove is a "333AST", which I assume is a typo for "3333AST". So it should be OK.

The recall process apparently converts a model 3032AST stove to a model 3333AST. It even includes a little "3333AST" sticker that goes over the old model number. So you could look for that too.
I stuck my head into the cabinetry of my Hawk, and looked up at the bottom of my stove. There was a big sticker on the bottom of the stove, plus a small sticker overlying the upper left corner of the big sticker. The small sticker says:

Model Number: SDS2
Stock Number: 3333AST

So appears that the stove was originally manufactured before the recall, but the fix (including a new sticker) was applied to it before I received the Hawk in Feb 2023, probably by FWC.

Back
Top Bottom