Hello FWC Enthusiasts

Yukon

Another senior junior joins ranks! I've enjoyed reading this entire blog going back to 2005. Quick intro: My wife & I have been tent-camping using Landrover for 30 years and decided to make the big move up to a FWC (too cold up here in Washington).
We’ve twice quit our jobs for a full year to explore wilds of northern Canada,
Alaska, and artic circle. Spent 80 nights in a 2-man tent in the Yukon. Anxiously waiting for my new FWC Eagle shell (putting on Nissan Frontier). I love to build stuff to my own design. Since I don’t have camper yet, have built what I call a ‘spacial prototype’ out of scrap wood (see photo). No laughing please. Lots to learn about 12-volt design & camper plumbing. This allows me to play with layout of sink, stove, seating, etc. Most important thing….having fun!
Looking forward to sharing ideas with you folks, and most importantly sharing
adventures.

Attachments

• spacial relation2.JPG
    spacial relation2.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 472
Yukon - Welcome!

I'd love to hear more about your exploration of the Yukon (and I bet I'm not the only one)...

Welcome... looks like you're well on your way to customizing your setup. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Kyle

Welcome Yukon,

Now that is getting a head start on the design that will work for you. I like it!
Look foward seeing how it turns out...Keep use posted(pictures:thumb:).

It would be great if you post up some of your travels. I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy them.

Welcome Yukon. Will look forward to seeing your final design. I too would like to hear (and see) about some of your travels. You should get some kind of lurking award too! :D

Welcome Mr & Mrs Yukon,

What a supper idea to build spatial prototypes to help visualize what works for you! :thumb:

Yes, we love pictures. :D

Mike

welcome Yukon, where abouts in Washington are you? just north of Spokane here.

Spatial prototype. Adding that to the things I need to keep in mind. Good idea. I can see you're going to have a great time with your new camper. Are you having anything put in?

Is Yukon From the Yukon???

Just wondering if Yukon is from Yukon??

Robbie

Yukon Pics of Wild West

Thanks everyone for your kind words of first blog. Almost everyone asked for a few descriptions of travels. I am going to post 5 pictures from 4 different trips. To the person who asked where I live: Edmonds, Washington, just north of Seattle near the water. Adventure photos: (1) Arctic circle in our landrover with two kayaks which we kayaked up the McKensie River to Artic ocean. Notice huge wire mesh to keep rocks from breaking headlights & windshield. (2) Camping on Berinden glacier. 30 miles up unmaintained road...no one ANYWHERE near by. Winds that night flatened our tent and grizzlie poop found around the tent site. (3) Cross country skied into wilds of Eastern Canada and spent very cold night in igloo for Christmas. -13 degrees ! (4) Camping above Arctic Circle off Dalton Highway. Snowed on our camp site in August! Only saw 2 people in several days....and they were on FOOT in a tent. (5) Traveling the atigun pass in Alaska. Notice the mud...really dangerous to slide around in. No kayaks on this trip..notice two spare tires, gas cans, huge homemade misquito net/awning of roof on right side. Beautiful desolate country. As you can see, lucky to have a wife who will spend 85 nights in a tent! FWC is going to be a big step UP in comfort! At 60 years old, I need it. Thank's for your interest.

Attachments

• arctic camp.jpg
    arctic camp.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 299
  • atigun pass.jpg
    atigun pass.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 308
  • berendon.jpg
    berendon.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 311
  • arctic circle.jpg
    arctic circle.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 310
  • igloo.jpg
    igloo.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 300
The adventures look great. The second picture looks like just about at the top of the hill at the Yukon Northwest Territories border. Looking back towards the Yukon with the Ogilvie River in background and pic 4 looks like the arctic circle crossing looking east just above eagle plains Yukon?
Just going by memory. Been up there about 25 times since 1984. Yes one is real lucky when the other half (wife) will go along.

robbie

Wow

Welcome Yukon,
Trips sound great. Funny my wife just dropped the idea of itting the road for a year in the FWC on me:eek:

Sound like you fit in great around here.

Back
Top Bottom