Help... no water

Good advise here. I have a “issue” with my Shurflo. It pumps water fine, but it pulses sometime and other times, it pumps continuously. Something to worry about? I did just experimented with wintetizing regimes posted here and there. Is there air trapped somewhere or the pump did not prime fully? Or should I just not worry about it?

Water pump surges only when tap is on. I redrainef the hot water tank, and this time had the hot water tap only like I was suppose to and that helped bleed the air out out the tank. The water pump worked fine did couple of days, but went back to surging again. This time with different sound coming from the pump. Now I am getting worried. I will drain system again and this time read and follow directions. When all else fail....

Vic, my pump surges on hot and on cold. Good pressure. Noise changes. Not consistent.

I finally figured it out. After trying several advise from this forum and watching Utube, read FWC tips and tricks, etc. I learned there are a lot of contradictory advise, even from FWC and Rockymtn FWC. Drove me nuts. What worked for me is tightening the pressure switch adjustment clockwise, instead of backing out coonterclockwise per Rockymtn. FWC said not to touch this adjustment screw. The other adjustment screw didn’t help and the tips from them are vague and didn’t help. They said to turn all the way in then all the way out and back to factory setting. Where is factory setting? I lost count on how many turns. I couldnt even turn all the way clockwise, it just kept turning. It’ s working now after turning pressure switch clockwise slowly with the outside shower on. But the shower is still pretty weak compared to faucet pressure. No more pulsing.

IMG_1633.JPG

You can call manufacturer tech support.
Have your m/n they will be happy to help you.
The screws you are adjusting should not need to be changed, and you might be masking another problem.
I know this can be frustrating, hang in there and keep searching all this stuff is pretty simple once you start to understand it.

We had a similar problem on our 2018 Hawk last month, camping in Great Sand Dunes NP, fairly cold temps. I think our water was a little low at the time but I can't remember. When we set up camp, I turned on the water pump and it kept pumping. I got decent pressure at the faucet, maybe a little less than normal. But the pump kept running. I thought there was a leak and kept looking for water to come out from under the cabinets or in the truck bed somewhere. No water ever appeared so I ruled out a leak. But I could not figure out why it kept running. The valves were all in the proper place. It was getting dark and I was a little flustered, and I went outside to see if there was anything obvious that I missed. While my mind was working on the problem, my hand decided to reach up and open the filler cap. As soon as I had the cap off, I realized that the cap had felt a little weird coming off, like it might not have been screwed on all the way. I replaced the cap properly, and turned the pump on again and it was back to normal.

I have a fair knowledge of house and irrigation plumbing, but am woefully ignorant about the system in the camper. So I don't know if the cap being off would cause a pressure leak to keep the pump running. It sure seems like that is what it was, but how can the filler cap keep pressure in if there is a constantly-open air vent right there to allow air to escape when filling the tanks? Until I learn otherwise, I believe that that filler cap needs to be firmly sealed or the pump may stay on continuously.

Back
Top Bottom