I need to hear a good new joke

And there are probably folks that would line up to buy it. 9 trees coming down on the property Wednesday. I'm looking for buyers for firewood. I won't charge extra if you'd like to turn it into "artisan" firewood and kindling.

A cowboy named Bud was overseeing his herd in a remote mountainous
pasture in California when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced toward
him out of a cloud of dust.
The driver, a young man in a Brioni suit, Gucci shoes, RayBan sunglasses
and YSL tie, leaned out the window and asked the cowboy, "If I tell you
exactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd, Will you
give me a calf?"
Bud looks at the man, obviously a yuppie, then looks at his peacefully
grazing herd and calmly answers, "Sure, Why not?"
The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell notebook computer, connects
it to his Cingular RAZR V3 cell phone, and surfs to a NASA page on the
Internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite to get an exact fix on his
location which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the
area in an ultra-high-resolution photo.

The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop and
exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg , Germany .

Within seconds, he receives an email on his Palm Pilot that the image
has been processed and the data stored. He then accesses an MS-SQL
database through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with email on his
Blackberry and, after a few minutes, receives a response..

Finally, he prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his
hi-tech,miniaturized HP LaserJet printer, turns to the cowboy and says,
"You have exactly 1,586 cows and calves."
"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves," says Bud.
He watches the young man select one of the animals and looks on with
amusement as the young man stuffs it into the trunk of his car.

Then Bud says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what
your business is, will you give me back my calf?"
The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why
not?"
"You're a Congressman for the U..S. Government", says Bud.
"Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"
"No guessing required." answered the cowboy. "You showed up here even
though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already
knew, to a question I never asked. You used millions of dollars worth of
equipment trying to show me how much smarter than me you are; and you
don't know a thing about how working people make a living - or about
cows, for that matter. This is a herd of sheep. ....
Now give me back my dog.

Two California Highway Patrol Officers were conducting speeding enforcement on I-15, just north of the Marine Corps Air Station at Miramar . Using a hand held radar device, the officers were suddenly surprised when the radar gun began reading 300 miles per hour. The officer attempted to reset the radar gun, but it would not reset and then turned off. Just then a deafening roar overhead at tree top level revealed that the radar had in fact locked on to a USMC F/A-18 Hornet.

Back at the CHP Headquarters the Patrol Captain fired off a complaint to the USMC Base Commander. The reply came back in true USMC style:

Thank you for your letter. We can now complete the file on this incident.
You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Hornet had detected the presence of, and subsequently locked on to your hostile radar equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it, which is why it shut down.

Furthermore, an Air-to-Ground missile aboard the fully armed aircraft had also automatically locked on to your equipment location.

Fortunately, the Marine Pilot flying the Hornet recognized the situation, quickly responded to the missile system alert status and was able to override the automated defense system before the missile was launched to destroy the hostile radar position.

The pilot also suggests you cover your mouths when cussing at them, since the video systems on these jets are very high tech.

Sergeant Johnson, the officer holding the radar gun, should get his dentist to check his left rear molar. It appears the filling is loose. Also, the snap is broken on his holster.

Thank you for your concern.

Semper Fi

ntsqd said:
Blatantly stolen from over "there":

How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb? One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing lightbulbs and how the lightbulb could have been changed differently.

Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

Three to correct spelling/grammar errors.

Fore to spelle evere singel wird in the poste rong and ezpect evrywon to nowe wut thare sayin anywaye.

Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb".

Another six to condemn those six as stupid.

Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the correct spelling.

Nineteen to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.

Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.

Thirty six to debate which method of changing lightbulbs is superior, where to buy the best lightbulbs, what brand of lightbulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different lightbulbs.

Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL.

Three to post URLs found when following the aforementioned URLs.

Thirteen to quote 5-paragraph posts in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and then add "Me too" or "+1".

Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot mentally handle the lightbulb controversy, or because the question will just encourage a popularity contest or a "steel base vs. plastic base" discussion.

Four to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

Thirteen to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting easy questions about light bulbs."

Three to tell a funny story about their cat and a light bulb.

Nine to ramble on about how those liberal bastards want to take away all lightbulbs, and then sum it all up with a lame pun about Rosie O'Donnell choking on a 'fish taco'.

Twenty-four to read the first half of the post, and then answer a question NOBODY ASKED!!!

Five who get pissed over a joke that they probably didn't get in the first place.

Fifteen to argue which is more important; wattage or bulb placement.

Four to say that they only buy custom made lightbulbs.

Three to say that they buy cheap bulbs that are just as good as the custom made ones, but that way they have extra money for lampshades.

Five to ask the infamous "can a +P wattage bulb be used in my socket?" question.

Fourteen to debate which type of replacement light bulb is best (i.e. incandescent, halogen, fluorescent, LED)

four to debate the impact to the environment by changing a light bulb and what do do with the one removed to minimize the environmental impact.

Six to discuss alternative uses for burnt out light bulbs.

One to quote the treadlightly guideline that most likely covers changing light bulbs

Twelve to discuss the ethical use of light bulbs

Four to mention how they like to just line up light bulbs and shoot them

Three to inquire about which light bulbs one should carry as spares

Fourteen to discuss the best place to carry spare light bulbs

Six to discuss the best ways to protect light bulbs while off 'wheeling"

Six to discuss the best way to photograph light bulbs

Four to inquire about which camera would work best for photographing light bulbs.

A new thread on light bulb pictures

Two to ask about which maps to load in order to find light bulb GPS locations

One to point out the dangers of broken light bulbs

Thirty four to relate their or others experiences with broken light bulbs

Twenty one to discuss first response actions that are best used for the victim of a broken light bulb

Twenty nine new threads covering additional " how many ExPo members does it take to ..."

Fourteen to debate the meaning and proper use of "ExPo"

One to point out the proper light bulb for Glampers

One to point out that changing a light bulb is the classical first step in the progression of ship fitter's disease

One to ask what is ship fitter's disease

One to cross-post the whole topic on another forum.

3 to discuss if the alternator should be upgraded to better supply the light bulb with a steady and reliable source of power.

1 to ask the alternator posters how they define "steady and reliable".

7 to argue if it would be better to get a new alternator or modify/upgrade the one currently in the vehicle.

Four to suggest light-bulb changing be a three-hour course in Overland Training.

Six to pontificate on which size light bulb should be used during Overland Training.

Two to volunteer to hold the light bulb during Overland Training.

Two more to volunteer to energize the light bulb while the other two are holding them.

Sixteen to brag about being the first sixteen to be "Overland Training Light Bulb Changer Certified".

Five to provide a new market in used light bulbs on CL.

Twelve to post where used light bulbs can be found in various cities on CL.

Eleven of the twelve remember to post that they have no affiliation with the light bulb sellers on CL.

One "Articulate" to come up with the funniest one-liner of all about changing light bulbs.

Corollaries:
A new thread asking for favorite light bulb changing songs

A new thread for pictures of before and after changed light bulbs

What I want to know is what were the light( )bulbs changed into?
And it takes 5 years to open the thread to read about lite bulbs only to find that the technology has changed to LED!!!

One day a father gets out of work and on his way home he suddenly remembers that it's his daughter's birthday.

He pulls over to a Toy Shop and asks the
sales person, "How much for one of those Barbie's in the display window?"

The salesperson answers, "Which one do you mean, Sir?

We have: Work Out Barbie for $19.95, Shopping Barbie for $19.95, Beach Barbie for $19.95, Disco Barbie for $19.95, Ballerina Barbie for $19.95, Astronaut Barbie
for $19.95, Skater Barbie for $19.95, and Divorced Barbie for $265.95".

The amazed father asks: "It's what?! Why is the
Divorced Barbie $265.95 and the others only $19.95?"

The annoyed salesperson rolls her eyes, sighs, and answers: "Sir..., Divorced Barbie comes with: Ken's Car, Ken's House, Ken's Boat, Ken's Furniture, Ken's Computer, and one of Ken's Friends.

Stalking Light said:
One day a father gets out of work and on his way home he suddenly remembers that it's his daughter's birthday.

He pulls over to a Toy Shop and asks the
sales person, "How much for one of those Barbie's in the display window?"

The salesperson answers, "Which one do you mean, Sir?

We have: Work Out Barbie for $19.95, Shopping Barbie for $19.95, Beach Barbie for $19.95, Disco Barbie for $19.95, Ballerina Barbie for $19.95, Astronaut Barbie
for $19.95, Skater Barbie for $19.95, and Divorced Barbie for $265.95".

The amazed father asks: "It's what?! Why is the
Divorced Barbie $265.95 and the others only $19.95?"

The annoyed salesperson rolls her eyes, sighs, and answers: "Sir..., Divorced Barbie comes with: Ken's Car, Ken's House, Ken's Boat, Ken's Furniture, Ken's Computer, and one of Ken's Friends.
Boy isn't that the truth.
Barbie got the gold mine and Ken got the shaft.
Frank

Let's have a look at Ken's house, car, boat, etc., before we pass any judgement. That might be a bargain price for the Divorced Barbie. :)

Since we've moved to a small town in SE (St. Marys) GA my dog Abby started chasing people on bikes.
It got so bad I had to take her bike away. IMG_1432.JPG

What's the difference between a cat and a comma?

One has claws and the end of its paws, and one is a pause at the end of a clause.

Had to visit my psychiatrist recently. Very realistic dream, reoccurring almost nightly. My psychiatrist patiently listened while I explained my dream. I start out in the dream that I'm a wigwam, and then I become a tepee. Is that it my Dr asked smiling. Do you know what it is,can you help me? Certainly he said it's easy, your two tense.

Good night all . Russ

I met a fairy who said she would grant me one wish.
Immediately I said, "I want to live forever."
"Sorry" said the fairy, "I'm not allowed to grant eternal life."
"OK," I said, "Then I want to die after Congress gets some work done."

"You crafty bastard!" said the fairy.

An American goes into a bar and sits down next to an English guy. The American notices that the English guy has a huge BIC Lighter. The American says, "Wow cool lighter, where did you get it?"

The English guy says, "A genie granted me one wish when I rubbed this bottle"."Wow", says the American, "Can I have a go?"
"Sure", Says the Englishman.The American rubs the bottle and the genie comes out, "You have one wish" Says the genie.
The American wishes for a million bucks, the genie grants the wish.

About 5 minutes later a load of ducks come into the bar, there are thousands of them. The American says "I don't believe this I wished for a million bucks, not a million ducks". The Englishman says "Well do you really think i wished for a 12 inch BIC?".

JaSAn said:
I met a fairy who said she would grant me one wish.
Immediately I said, "I want to live forever."
"Sorry" said the fairy, "I'm not allowed to grant eternal life."
"OK," I said, "Then I want to die after Congress gets some work done."

"You crafty bastard!" said the fairy.
There's more truth to that than joke.
Frank

A deer a duck and a giraffe walk into a bar... after several rounds of drinks the check comes... the deer says I had a buck but I don't know where it is, the duck says I have a bill but I can't break it, the giraffe says Ok! High balls are on me!

Back
Top Bottom