Installing Yakima Tracks

GPAY

Advanced Member
Hi all, I have 2 sets of 60" Yakima Tracks for a total track length of just over 120" to mount on the roof of my 2014 Hawk Shell. The roof is 128" in length so I'll be within a few inches of the front and back. I understand from reading a thread that the aluminum frame members that I'll be screwing into narrow as they reach the front and back. Is that the case? If so is that an issue? Any install help is welcome as I am quite nervous drilling into the camper especially as there will be a total of 44 holes to drill!

rilcombs said:
Hi GPAY,

Just send me your email and I'll forward you instructions that FWC sent me.

Riley
Ah common! You gotta post it here so we can all see.
Cheers.

Most customers install their own Yakima Tracks on the camper roof will drill up, from the inside of the camper first (using a very small drill bit as a pilot hole). Just 2 very small holes.

Measuring the length of the tracks first (first hole at the beginning of the tracks & the last hole at the end of your tracks). The frame members are 1 1/2" tall, plus roof skin thickness and batton strips inside the camper.

Once you have the first and last pilot holes, you can lay the Yakima tracks down on the camper roof and you will have your straight line that the tracks will attach too.

I think you will find that stopping by the dealer in Tigard might be very helpful, as you can get some first hand advice in person.

When FWC installs Yakima Tracks, we will warranty it against leaks. When the customer starts poking holes in their camper roof, FWC can't always warranty the roof against leaks, not knowing how the tracks were installed. You can ask the dealer about their warranty if they install the tracks for you.

Hope this helps. IMG_3231.JPGIMG_3232.JPGIMG_3233.JPG

Back
Top Bottom