Introduction

murphy744

Advanced Member
Hello Wanderers'
I have come over from the dark side of off-road trailers and have seen the light. I am now looking for a used Hawk to put on my 2003 F250 4x4. A friend that usually hangs with our group in the Inyo/panamint/DV ranges has a Hawk, and I fell in love with it. I check this board out everyday, as well as craigslist, but if anyone has a lead on a Hawk shoot me a PM. I'm really open to everything from a shell to something loaded, but off course my budget drives everything.

This is a great board with tons of information; I love pouring though all the threads:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 100
Hi Murph,
Check out the WTW "Gear Exchange" as all the campers for sale are in that folder.
Have money ready as they go fast for high prices. :)

Mike, did you see the condition of the FWC. I saw that one and was thinking of giving him a call. It looks like it has an Article Pack too

Went over the American RV in Azusa, CA to look at campers. They have a fully loaded Hawk with side dinette, that I sooooooo wanted to pull the trigger on. Unfortunately, the boss said it was out of our price range. $21k is a bit beyond me right now.

Oh well.....the search continues. I keep hoping that something will pop up local-ish......

Ya I know. It's funny, you start out thinking a shell with a couple of ad on's will work. Then you see something loaded and wow.....

I need to step back into reality......

As someone who started out looking to buy a new shell and ended up finding a used well equipped one, I'd say just be patient, have cash at the ready, and be willing to travel a little. I'm glad I didn't get a shell. I've made a few minor mods but other than that I've been able to just use it. Good luck in your search.

I also started out with a shell in mind. I started adding up options I wanted, and listening to suggestions of people who had done their own builds as far as what they wish they would have gotten and what they thought they could live without. I ended up buying a nearly loaded Hawk in the end. Although I'm fairly handy with some things, to me it was worth buying something that A.) Was equipped in such a way I could begin to enjoy it right away. And B.) Installed by professionals who would back their work with warrantee. That being said I could see how someone who really enjoyed customizing their stuff could have a great time with a shell, especially if they wanted it to be a bit easier on the pocketbook.

I also started out with a shell in mind. I started adding up options I wanted, and listening to suggestions of people who had done their own builds as far as what they wish they would have gotten and what they thought they could live without. I ended up buying a nearly loaded Hawk in the end. Although I'm fairly handy with some things, to me it was worth buying something that A.) Was equipped in such a way I could begin to enjoy it right away. And B.) Installed by professionals who would back their work with warrantee. That being said I could see how someone who really enjoyed customizing their stuff could have a great time with a shell, especially if they wanted it to be a bit easier on the pocketbook.
I hear ya. Right now I'm trying be patient, maybe a nice used one will pop up. I just passed on a fully loaded Kestrel in San Diego....DSI hot water, side dinette, ect, ect. The price was still a bit too high for me right now.

Back
Top Bottom