Kayak on top of camper

Here are a few photos of my Advanced Elements kayak.

DSCN6034.jpg

DSCN6035.jpg

DSCN6037-1.jpg

Thanks for all the discussion on kayaks.
As soon as we are able to get out I am going
to get my butt in gear and use our kayak.
Guess I just need a little prodding.

I guess looking back at my photos of using it pushed my mind into gear.

Frank

I just returned from our local REI store and they had a "returned" Advanced Elements kayak
like mine only in the red color. It's a $950 kayak for sale $459ish.It has a lot of the optional features.

It has a valve problem the reason for return,but the valve is replaceable.

Anyone interested in a inflatable kayak at a great price this might be something to look into.

I HAVE NO CONNECTION TO REI. The store is in Marina,Ca.,Monterey bay area.
This is a steal at that price.

If you are interested you could contact the store for more info and they might even be able to ship it.
Their # is 831 883 8048

This might work out for someone.
Frank

I have a Wilderness Systems Radar 115 fishing kayak and it weighs 85 lbs. I cannot imagine trying to lift it onto the roof of a FWC. I have a Northern Lite hard side and I carry both mine and my wife's kayak on a utility trailer.

It takes two people to do this safely.

Our camper actually came with a Hullivator, but I found it to be awkward and a bit dangerous, so I sold it.
We've got rollers in the back and saddles in the front. Our boats are 50# and 12' long.

I use a wide-step ladder to boost the bow of the 'yak up while my wife pushed the stern towards me. I can then balance and roll it forward into the front saddle. With cam straps we can load or unload both boats in under five minutes.

However, lifting the top with 100# of boats up there is something we avoid. We have done it, but it's scary to bring back down with all the weight. So, we tend up unload the boats, like we did a few years back at the WTW Gathering.
What brand of camper is that? I’m looking at pop ups and have some heavy kayaks.

Back
Top Bottom