Laguna San Ignacio

Here is a recommendation for a beach on the mainland. If you Google Earth: southwest of Caborca, Sonora to Punto Lobos (north of Puerto Libertad). Once you are at Punta Lobos you drive the beach about three miles north. My son's mom and I used to go there around 1987 through 1992.

We'd stay a week or even two and not see a single person. You have to drive north from Punta Lobos at low tide and tuck into the a flat spot between the dunes.

I think after this Baja trip, say fall 2012, Anne and I will make a trip there.

Jay, this would be a close one for you. On the map, its latitude is north of Bay of LA so it is not very far at all.

I like shot #2, with the hook of the bay and mountain, and cardons in the foreground.
We're not able to take big trips now, so Baja is not on our 2012 list. Maybe next year . . .

Hey y'all,
Gene and I did some research and it turns out you can still get a visa at a consulate or embassy in the US and according to AAA at an international airport as well.

Here's a list of Mexican Consulates in the US including Tucson & Oxnard ;
http://www.mexonline.com/consulate.htm

I'm going over to the one in Tucson after class tomorrow and see if I can get a tourist card there. More to come.

OOPS Never Mind
I just checked with the Mexican Consulate here in Tucson. They informed me that the Tourist Card is only available at the border when you cross. The cost is $262 NP - not dollars.

It's been a banner year for Grey Whales!

article-1283373-09DA6014000005DC-390_634x562.jpg

Oh yeah Baby 10 more days. All accounts claim more whales this year than anyone has ever seen in Laguna San Ignacio.

Bon voyage et bon chance mes amis! Allez vous avec la grâce de Dieu!

Is Laguna San Ignacio in France?
blink.gif

Is Laguna San Ignacio in France?
blink.gif

Every time I try to write something en español, my école française kicks in and screws me up. I decided to just go with it this time...

Spanglish? no... Franglish? no... Espançaise? Frañol? ...sheesh!

Mark, I share your disappointment to see this group heading to Laguna San Ignacio and not being able to join them. Perhaps next year we will be able to make such a trip. Ted

It's been a banner year for Grey Whales!

index.php

Have you seen the PBS Nature 3-part series "Ocean Giants"? Highly recommended.
Anyway, in Part 2, which I just watched tonight off my DVR recording, they showed this Gulf-of-California practice of a female human making oral contact with a whale, just like in that photo.
ohmy.gif

Interestingly, it was only the female humans who exhibited this behavior -- not the males.
blink.gif

Mark, I share your disappointment to see this group heading to Laguna San Ignacio and not being able to join them. Perhaps next year we will be able to make such a trip. Ted

Ted, I used to go to Baja several times a year. Depending how this one goes, Anne and I may go back with you guys next year!

Hmmm, I may finally get two weeks vacation next year. With enough advance notice I'd be up for it next year.

Hmm....gas in the USA is $4.35 per gallon, diesel $4.49 and the oil companies with billions in profits pay no taxes, while plundering our public lands and seas. In Mexico gas is $2.70 per gallon, diesel is $2.90. 100% of the profits go to the country. Sometimes Mexico and the rest of the world do some things better than we do.

Actually Gene I think they have our model down pat. They just sell the stuff cheaper.

http://www.ecoi.net/local_link/203071/308024_en.html

Now back to what really matters.

5 days and a wake up!

We'll be about 7 days behind you but looking forward to being right here on the home stretch!

Attachments

• IMG_6853.JPG
    IMG_6853.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 99
nice pic Sunman! Can't wait for that salty air to burn my eyes!! I reckon Channel Isl Jay is right in the thick of it now!! Maybe scratchin a whale as I type!!

See you on the way there Amigo! 6 sleeps and a wake up!

TT

Back
Top Bottom