LED or Fluorescent ?

My wife and I compared the LED and flouresent at the showroom and we preferred the flouresent.

My wife and I compared the LED and flouresent at the showroom and we preferred the flouresent.

I was going to replace my florescent lights with led's until I found out that I did not like the led lighting comparison either. It is hard to get used to the leds after enjoying so much light from the florescent lights.

I might install some separate led fixtures for times when I really want to conserve the battery and leave the florescent lights to enjoy when I want a nice bright camper.

I used to have two of the UFO lights, that what we called the circular battery powered led lights Walmart sell s for $4-6 they worked great in my old tent trailer. But it did't have a great place to hang them in the Hawk. I just purchased 3 LED arrays with 36 LEDs each from http://www.superbrightleds.com. they were pretty cheap, Like under $40 for all three I think. I got and amber for the rear outside light and two white one for the inside. they come with the base wired to go right into you existing fixtures, you just have to order the correct one. On the inside I put it in the first position on each fixture; if I move the switch to the second position I get one LED and one incandescent, the LEDs are enough most of the time. Great for dry camping they don't draw much from the battery at all.

Of course I still have a few good LED flashlights stashed here and there in the camper and truck.

I will be ordering my FWC soon. What locations for lighting do you find most useful? And can you mix and match light types - florescent for some, LED for others?

I am a forever telling my kids "turn off that light" when we are camping. I just ordered a bunch of led's from superbright dot com. I spent about $50 for two exterior (4.99 each) (one amber one white) I am thinking that I may be able to use one of the exterior 1003 as an interior light. I also bought 2 interior LEDs (converted from the 1141 incandescent) bulbs one "cool white" one "warm" (these were more expensive) I don't really care, but I just want to save the battery, you know "grumpy old man".

Roger

KeithJ said:
I don't know if these are the exact ones, but they look like the ones FWC is using. It basically looks like an incandescent fixture, but with two LED clusters instead of two incandescent bulbs.

faa9186a264c6b7cd2adec3f3938.jpg

Here is a link to some LED tubes - pricey right now

http://store.marinebeam.com/t8-led-bulb.html
Knew I would find the answer here. I have a list of questions for FWC about different things in my camper. Strike this one and the one about the rear porch light off the list. I'm working on my solar requirements and needed to know the specs on this light.

For those of you who have this light with the LED bulbs does the switch operate in a two stage function? One side then the other? Dim/bright?
I'm thinking of finding a set of red LED bulbs for one light in the camper and leave the other one standard white.

ETAV8R said:
Knew I would find the answer here. I have a list of questions for FWC about different things in my camper. Strike this one and the one about the rear porch light off the list. I'm working on my solar requirements and needed to know the specs on this light.

For those of you who have this light with the LED bulbs does the switch operate in a two stage function? One side then the other? Dim/bright?
I'm thinking of finding a set of red LED bulbs for one light in the camper and leave the other one standard white.
There is a LED array on each side. One switch position turns on both sides and the other only one side so a true dim/bright.

Thank you. I did check them out to see if there was a label for any specs on the lights. Can't find the specific lights on Kaper's website. I figured it was a bright/dim type switch but read somewhere it wasn't. Now I just need to find red replacement bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom