Lift panel fixture

jmodge

web panel.JPGI thought I would share this. Everyone has different ways of doing things, and often times a variety of different methods will provide the key for your project. I used 1/2 inch plywood screwed to the piano hinge with #8 x 3/4 inch screws. The screws stuck out just far enough to catch the holes in the frame to line up the jig. The piano hinge itself was the template for the fixture holes. I drilled a couple spots out with a holesaw for access to fasten the hinge in place, as well as some room on the ends. It went together quick and worked quite well. And, yes I do watch the Red Green Show.

Gotta go, taking the Blazer to Kentucky.

P.S. I believe in the photo the plywood is screwed to the wrong side of the lower hinge. I noticed that just before installation.

In the broadest of terms, the distinction is as follows:
- A jig forms a guide for the tool(s) used in a machining operation.
- A fixture secures a workpiece for a machining operation.

So I *think* what you have here is a nice fixture.

Whatever it's called, it's nice!

That is a long trip for you, to Kentucky. I enjoy driving my old K5 with flowmasters. Just hums down the road. Hope your trip goes well and have a Merry Christmas.

View attachment 7221I thought I would share this. Everyone has different ways of doing things, and often times a variety of different methods will provide the key for your project. I used 1/2 inch plywood screwed to the piano hinge with #8 x 3/4 inch screws. The screws stuck out just far enough to catch the holes in the frame to line up the jig. The piano hinge itself was the template for the fixture holes. I drilled a couple spots out with a holesaw for access to fasten the hinge in place, as well as some room on the ends. It went together quick and worked quite well. And, yes I do watch the Red Green Show.

Gotta go, taking the Blazer to Kentucky.

P.S. I believe in the photo the plywood is screwed to the wrong side of the lower hinge. I noticed that just before installation.

Good trip,

The Daughter, dog, and 1200 miles without a problem. Warm, dry, comfortable, and cooked and carried our own food for four and one half days. Some bad traveling weather through Indiana. Heading out hunting with it now.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom