Like looking in a mirror

mtn-high

Campground Host- FUNKYTOWN
This afternoon I passed a 1st gen Salsa Red Tundra DC heading South on Hwy 24 towards Leadville near Redcliff that was hauling either an FWC Hawk or Eagle that looked just like my truck/rig. (This was above the switchback by the Gold Park/Homestake turnoff/cherry-stem into Holy Cross wilderness).

I saw him heading up the hill and I pointed at his rig with my thumb up (a.k.a. flashing the FWC gang sign) as we passed.

He didn't really wave...but I saw this jaw open/agasp and that look of "hey...um...wah...yea...um....holy s*** that looks JUST LIKE MY TRUCK" on his face that was unmistakable.... :thumb:

nice looking rig...nyuk..nyuk...:D

mtn

Many years ago when I had a few Porches it would drive me crazy when you would pass one and they would wave or flash their lights. At first i thought it was because I had a 356 Cabriolet and it was a bit rare. However the same was true when I had my 912 and 911 Targa. My wife asked why I didn't wave back. I said if I drove a Buick I wouldn't so whats the dif. Porches were like A$$ Hol3$ everybody had one.

So tell my why do I get so excited when I see a FWC or ATC on the road? Of course now I have to live with the indignity of my wife telling "hey just because they have a FWC why do you wave? If it were a Lance would you wave?"

My point is I know just how you feel. But at least Pam knows the difference between a FWC and a goiter I mean a Lance.

Many years ago when I had a few Porches it would drive me crazy when you would pass one and they would wave or flash their lights. At first i thought it was because I had a 356 Cabriolet and it was a bit rare. However the same was true when I had my 912 and 911 Targa. My wife asked why I didn't wave back. I said if I drove a Buick I wouldn't so whats the dif. Porches were like A$$ Hol3$ everybody had one.

So tell my why do I get so excited when I see a FWC or ATC on the road? Of course now I have to live with the indignity of my wife telling "hey just because they have a FWC why do you wave? If it were a Lance would you wave?"

My point is I know just how you feel. But at least Pam knows the difference between a FWC and a goiter I mean a Lance.
Now, I get the connection for me it was 1967: 912 1977: 930 Euro. the one I should have kept

Because FWC/ATC's are special. Porches not so much. You don't know if the other Porche driver is a big fan or a big douche trying to show off. They may have earned their money the hard way, or pushed mortgage securities on small banks. That other Porche might even be an....automatic.. *gasp*

BUT, you do know that the other FWC/ATC owner loves the outdoors and somehow stumbled upon the best camper/rig combo out there for those who really like to get out there. At least you have that much in common. And it's a small club, unlike car owners.

Because FWC/ATC's are special. Porches not so much. You don't know if the other Porche driver is a big fan or a big douche trying to show off. They may have earned their money the hard way, or pushed mortgage securities on small banks. That other Porche might even be an....automatic.. *gasp*

BUT, you do know that the other FWC/ATC owner loves the outdoors and somehow stumbled upon the best camper/rig combo out there for those who really like to get out there. At least you have that much in common. And it's a small club, unlike car owners.

It depended which Porsche you had, when I had the 930, I didn't care what people thought, all they ever saw was the ass end anyway. As far as douche bags and 4 Wheel Campers go, I can say for sure that I know a DB who has one.

My wife always laughs at the Sugar-daddy's (it's Vail, after all) when they are sportin'/showing off their "50 thousand dollar Pen*s" (50K for Porsche...the Lambi's and the Ferraris get the more exclusive 100K tag...LOL)

:rolleyes:

BTW, I never wave at the Lance's on the road because I always mistake 'em for a BUS! (not to mention that the guy is usally taking up half of my lane so I'm looking more at the ditch/for an exit point than his rig):eek:

Ya know when ya see that slim profile it's an ATC or an FWC!

mtn

My wife always laughs at the Sugar-daddy's (it's Vail, after all) when they are sportin'/showing off their "50 thousand dollar Pen*s" (50K for Porsche...the Lambi's and the Ferraris get the more exclusive 100K tag...LOL)

:rolleyes:

BTW, I never wave at the Lance's on the road because I always mistake 'em for a BUS! (not to mention that the guy is usally taking up half of my lane so I'm looking more at the ditch/for an exit point than his rig):eek:

Ya know when ya see that slim profile it's an ATC or an FWC!

mtn

Tell me where you shop, new 911 $125,000 min.

Forgive me if I'm not current on the "rising" costs of *Male Enhancement*, fisherman!

However, no matter what it costs, after 25 years of seeing the part-time Richie-Rich's acting out as if they own the place in such vehics
--- I'm >>still

Forgive me if I'm not current on the "rising" costs of *Male Enhancement*, fisherman!

However, no matter what it costs, after 25 years of seeing the part-time Richie-Rich's acting out as if they own the place in such vehics
--- I'm >>still

I don't know or care how they got thiers either... I only care that they spend a large amount of it locally and they go somewhere else when they're done.

It depended which Porsche you had, when I had the 930, I didn't care what people thought, all they ever saw was the ass end anyway. As far as douche bags and 4 Wheel Campers go, I can say for sure that I know a DB who has one.

And who might that be!!!

I agree Salty I loved them especially my 78 Targa with the '84 930 engine in it. But it is a rich mans car and since I'm not of that ilk it sat except for special occasions. Like every Saturday morning at the break of dawn on Angeles Crest Hwy. But it found a good home and looks as good as ever.

Attachments

• Copy of Targa 911.jpeg
    Copy of Targa 911.jpeg
    23.4 KB · Views: 198
And who might that be!!!

I agree Salty I loved them especially my 78 Targa with the '84 930 engine in it. But it is a rich mans car and since I'm not of that ilk it sat except for special occasions. Like every Saturday morning at the break of dawn on Angeles Crest Hwy. But it found a good home and looks as good as ever.

I frequent most all road race tracks on the west coast, because most of us tow a 20 to 30ft. trailer Four Wheel campers are popular for obvious reasons, in fact it was the main reason I got the one I have. It so happens that one guy who is not very well liked by anybody has one, he does fit the DB criteria, about the only thing missing is the fact that he doesn't have the friggin' thing mounted on a Porsche, it's on a Dodge. No, Mr. Pueblo it's nobody from here, at least nobody from here if you don't count me. Jon

Back
Top Bottom