Loading / Unloading Roof racks

SD_Beaker

As many of us have roof racks on our 4Wheel Campers, putting stuff on and off can be a bit of a challenge as it's pretty high up there.

I have not seen how others are doing this, but I wanted to share what I put together. On Pintrest, I found where someone used the top of their wheel and lower frame to make a camp table. On it's own this has issues due to it's movement when you get in and out of the camper. However, the idea stuck with me and I made this 'step'.

Attachments

• IMG_4315.JPG
    IMG_4315.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_4316.JPG
    IMG_4316.JPG
    204.1 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_4318.JPG
    IMG_4318.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 375
SD_Beaker said:
As many of us have roof racks on our 4Wheel Campers, putting stuff on and off can be a bit of a challenge as it's pretty high up there.

I have not seen how others are doing this, but I wanted to share what I put together. On Pintrest, I found where someone used the top of their wheel and lower frame to make a camp table. On it's own this has issues due to it's movement when you get in and out of the camper. However, the idea stuck with me and I made this 'step'.

Holly cow...superb idea...I will copy it! In my case to remove snow..thanks!

Phil

Great idea. I'm sure it could be evolved to also work as a camper leveling board!

On my Trooper with wide tires I stand on the tires often. Not so much with the pickup and camper. Love the idea.

Really thinking outside the box is right. One more thing to carry.
And I noticed the camper is no wider than the bed.
Still a good idea!
Russ

Also realized the wheel height and bottom fram rail should be looked at.

Simple and elegant design, I can also see it coming in handy to get out of a rut or help cross a washout.

I’m all about multipurpose things. If you have to carry it, then it should do more than one thing. So I’m thinking Ver 2.0 might be 3 wide, serve as a BBQ holder on my bumper rack, sit on the ground as a showering deck, be my Hi-Lift base, and a poor man’s MaxTrax. And honestly in a pinch, it can be firewood (as it’s cost is about $8). Also as CougaCouple pointed out, the next will be 4” longer as your heals hang off a bit.

Add a foot or so and if you can get a lakeside site use it for a springboard.

I like it ! that is a gr8 Idea !! .... I think I’ll need the ladder still for sweeping snow . I get on the tire to get skiis off and ladder at this point.

Back
Top Bottom