Lower window winter coverings

Thanks for the idea

How does it work for you? I see your windows are much different than mine and I am not sure they have the same amount of groove/lip as mine have. Does it look like it will stay put?

I've ordered these p/n's:
8448K13 (30 Shore A)
9455K666 (Durometer Selector pack)
9109K62 (10 Shore A)
9109K62 (20 Shore A)
I'll guess that I'll see them Weds/Thurs of this coming week.

Wow Thom, thats great. I started looking at the selection of rubber and quickly got overwhelmed. That is one thing about McMaster, it can take some time to drill down through the options. It took me a couple hours of looking around at the website just to learn how to properly use it and find things. Now I can usually find what I am looking for, but still have a hard time finding a new product to fit a need.

How does it work for you? I see your windows are much different than mine and I am not sure they have the same amount of groove/lip as mine have. Does it look like it will stay put?

I just cut one this morning as shown for the front window. There is no groove for the reflectix to go into. I just pressed it into the opening and it appears to stay put well. We will see how well have being pulled in and out a few times. The Lady has a set of heavy curtains that snap over the window and should help to hold them in.

I just pulled the Reflectix rem out of the trashcan because while in the Alabama's two weekends ago I realized that we'd done the side window, but had totally forgotten the front window. One thing that I'm concerned with is reflection into the cab while driving. I think that I'm going to look for something benign to face the Reflectix with.

One thing that I'm concerned with is reflection into the cab while driving. I think that I'm going to look for something benign to face the Reflectix with.

I did not find this a problem as the rear window of my truck is so heavily tinted. But having a dark non reflective facing would make the interior look darker from the outside.

Okay Thom, let me know what you face your Reflectix with, and I will most likely follow in your footsteps. And if it is from McMaster please note the PN. :p

Part of the reason that's its an issue is that we have a short bed camper centered in a long bed. When ever I step on the brakes the CHMSL lights up the lower surface of the camper and part of the cab-over portion too. It reflects back into the cab thru both the side mirrors and the rear cab window. It is particularly noticeable at night. Removing that bulb is on the List, but it hasn't happened yet - mostly due to my arms not being long enough. Anyway, that illuminated the possible problem of having something even more reflective in that area and what other light sources might do.

FYI Velcro stays on just fine, even in the cold (the "Industrial Strength" stuff, cut into 1 inch squares). But I like the cut-to-fit idea better and would probably do that if I was to do it all over again.

When I did mine, I was thinking that some extra coverage might keep things warmer? Like, instead of just covering the front window, you also cover the frame around the window, but I have no idea if that's accurate. I can see how cutting to fit is closer to an airtight fit, whereas my Reflectix just kind of hangs there. I don't know if that matters either.

Back
Top Bottom