Mounting solar panel using AM Solar's rocker feet

PaulT said:
A battery booster like this ( http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-4416C ), could solve your low voltage issue with the Truckfridge. The booster has its own low voltage cutoff to keep from drawing your camper batteries too low.

These devices are typically used to keep battery voltage within a range that is suitable for electronic equipment.

Paul
The battery seems healthy. After a good day of solar charging my multimeter shows 13.7 or 13.8 volts -even showed 14.1 one time. It is only a 75 aH AGM battery. with a good charge it will run the fridge about 36 hours before the fridge cuts out. I talked to Truckfridge and they said it should cut off at about 11.8 volts when the setting is at the lowest[least protective] level, which is where I have it. They suggested direct wiring to the battery, with fuse of course, or go to heavier wire to my DC recepticle, which is a cigarette lighter type -that is the only way this model of the fridge can be connected[larger models have both 12 and 120 volt connectors].

Back
Top Bottom