New FWC Hawk Options - Now vs Later?

Bwht4x4,

When did you place your order? I think my order was on 11/13, so I suspect I should be hearing from FWC before too long. We're taking delivery in Oregon, so that may play into dates.

I ordered mine on 11/15 to get in before the price increase.

I emailed them to get an install date and they said 12/23rd.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Bwht4x4,

When did you place your order? I think my order was on 11/13, so I suspect I should be hearing from FWC before too long. We're taking delivery in Oregon, so that may play into dates.
Are you taking delivery in Woodburn or Medford?

Medford for me. No California sales tax, only half as far to drive. We have kids there, too, so visiting and spoiling the grand kids.

I looked at my delivery options and with a 1.5 year old and a new business I couldn't justify the drive to NV or OR. Not to mention FWC likely wouldn't go for that especially since I am a CA resident. I was concerned about warranty coverage too.

I'm going to do Woodburn. Only 30 minutes for me and only about twice what it would cost to drive down and back. Save me 10 hours in driving each way.

I talked to Chris at Rocky Mountain FWC. He is the closest dealer to me in Texas. I plan on ordering my camper from him when I am ready. It's a lot closer than CA. I shouldnt have to pay sales tax since I don't live in Colorado. Plus, what an awesome place to break in my camper on the way home! Can't wait to see some mountains!

Same here, I live in New Jersey, I was planning on going to Wisconsin (closer by 10 hours) but after speaking with Chris I started thinking that the Rocky Mountains would make a great shake down trip. I could pickup my camper and immediately start wandering the west, how do you beat that. I'm sure Chris could hook me up with some great off road destinations in his part of the state. I'm going to woodland (by plane) to check out the showroom/factory in April and then to sugarloaf for the rally. This way I'll know exactly what I want and then I'll call Chris and do my ordering with him on the phone. Can't wait to see some real mountains too !

Colorado is west for you but people in Colorado are Easterners for us in Idaho. :D
Come on out to the real west and I will point you to 800 foot canyons and 10,000 foot mountains.

Or to California where you can climb the the tallest peak in the US (outside of AK), walk in the lowest spot in the US and swim in the ocean all in the same weekend!

Colorado easterners, thats a new one for me. I guess it's a matter of where you call home. I've been to Yosemite and the whole Calf. coast, it's truly a beautiful state. I know there's a ton of amazing places west of the Rockies. That fact and my interest in FWC's is what got me hooked on the WTW site. If I am healthy (you never know), I'm planning for my wife and I to become a couple of Lewis and Clarkes with our FWC over the next ten years. I'm sure I'll be picking all your brains for places to check out. Thanks in advance for all the 411. This is a great site for people who are passionate about campers and exploring our amazing country.

Bwht4x4, Being From Sitka I'm Glad You Added The "Outside Alaska" ToYour Post :) I'm Always Correcting Texans When They boast About How Big Texas Is! (Alaska Is Two And One Half Times Bigger) And Minnesota Folks "Land Of 10,000 Lakes" Comments (Alaska Has 30,000 Of Them Too)

And Even Oregon (Where I'm Stationed) Is More Eastern Than I Want To Be.

Just Clearing The Air!

True Kilroy, but no other state can claim that they were once their own republic! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom