New to me FWC makeover

As promised, progress has been made with little to no strain to the bank account. Most materials were recycled, up cycled or scavenged. I know it probably kills resale value but it fits me. Side walls are salvaged roofing tin, back wall is pallet board ship lap, front wall is roofing tin, and various metal signage. Canvas was stitched and then glued with a patch of like material. It’s not finished by any means but it back to usable condition. I did decide to reconfigure the interior. I moved the bunk to the driver side with under bunk storage so that I could enjoy the full view out the passenger side window. A low counter will eventually be put on that side. Lift panels were simplified to adding hinged drop down legs from the push panel on the ceiling.

Adjustments.JPG

If all goes as planed, we’ll make the first Four Wheel camper adventure later this week. I have more plans for it in the future but as with anything else, their are only so many hours in a day. Get done what you can and make the most of it.

Well the 420 mile round trip to Lost Maples SNA near Vanderpool Tx is in the books. Camper rode well, turn buckles stayed tight, I only lost 1 mile per gallon comparatively, had plenty of room, slept great and made memories. I think I’m going to like this FWC thing!IMG_2565.JPG

ski3pin said:
It is really nice to see an older camper taken care of, loved, and being used. Good job! :)
Totally Agree!! I hate our disposable world sometimes and love seeing things being brought back to life instead of being dumped...

My 80s Granby is sooooo nice now that i restored it.. Everyone that sees it is shocked it is 30+ years old.. but then again the only original part is the roof... (but... $500 plus maybe $3000 in renovations.. thats a cheap FWC if you have the time)

JakeSnapper said:
Well the 420 mile round trip to Lost Maples SNA near Vanderpool Tx is in the books. Camper rode well, turn buckles stayed tight, I only lost 1 mile per gallon comparatively, had plenty of room, slept great and made memories. I think I’m going to like this FWC thing!
attachicon.gif
IMG_2565.JPG
5.0 or Ecoboost?
I have the 5.0 in mine and consistently shocked at the MPG with camper on..

BBZ, technically I didn’t steal your idea of the wood plank accent wall, you just beat me to it. Haha. My truck is the 5.0. Not sure what my camp weight is right now but I’ve been using a 400 lb hand truck to move it. Either way, airbags on the truck may not be a bad idea.

JakeSnapper said:
BBZ, technically I didn’t steal your idea of the wood plank accent wall, you just beat me to it. Haha. My truck is the 5.0. Not sure what my camp weight is right now but I’ve been using a 400 lb hand truck to move it. Either way, airbags on the truck may not be a bad idea.
Yes.. I did airbags and Rancho 5000 shocks.. WAY better than stock, can hardly tell the camper is on, doesnt have that side to side sway..

Another photo post.

Attachments

• FAD816FC-3A9D-47BD-860E-678D08009ADF.jpeg
    FAD816FC-3A9D-47BD-860E-678D08009ADF.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 115
Well, it’s been a while. Made some progress and definitely cleaned things up. Got it ready fo a 2 week stay while I’m out of town for work. Nights are supposed to be in the 70s so hopefully the little fan keeps me cool enough. Either way, glad to use it again. IMG_3038.JPG

Will have some rain, no doubt, south Louisiana in July. Guess we’ll find out is it got any leaks.

And what would a Texas road trip be without a stop at Buc-ee’s and a drive on the beach. IMG_3051.JPG

Back
Top Bottom