News Feature: Beer-in-cans > Beer-in-bottles

I have been lurking in the forums for a while and thought this would be a good time to throw in my first post. I've been looking to get a popup camper for my new Tacoma and there always seems to be one concern (well maybe not for everyone)..Weight. so....

A standard empty Bottle is 120-200 grams (depends on the make) therefore an empty case weights 3.17-5.29 lbs.
A Can is 0.49 grams on average and a empty case is 0.37 lbs.

My choice would be cans. Guess it really only matters on how many you can drink.

My 2 cents (5 cents for returns)

and oops on the lbs and oz. on the post below.

Durabull said:
A standard empty Bottle is ...................................... or 7.05-4.23 lbs therefore an empty case weights 3.17-5.29 lbs.

That must be why they leave 'em laying on the ground for us to pick up. :eek:

Welcome to WTW! :)

Durabull said:
I have been lurking in the forums for a while and thought this would be a good time to throw in my first post. I've been looking to get a popup camper for my new Tacoma and there always seems to be one concern (well maybe not for everyone)..Weight. so....

A standard empty Bottle is 120-200 grams (depends on the make) therefore an empty case weights 3.17-5.29 lbs.
A Can is 0.49 grams on average and a empty case is 0.37 lbs.

My choice would be cans. Guess it really only matters on how many you can drink.

My 2 cents (5 cents for returns)

and oops on the lbs and oz. on the post below.
Don't have any payload limitations, but the reason we bring cans is because they don't break as easily off-road. Otherwise we'd bring bottled beer.

I've very few bottles break, whether they were in the refer or an ice chest. I do pack accordingly.

Many years ago I learned to pack the bottles vertically in the ice chest. I lost a caja of Corona on the Gonzaga road because I had stacked them like cordwood. It took a frothy mess to cure my stupidity.

I just wrap each bottle with a half sheet of paper towel to prevent glass on glass. The paper towels are then used for sink cleanup.

camelracer said:
Many years ago I learned to pack the bottles vertically in the ice chest. I lost a caja of Corona on the Gonzaga road because I had stacked them like cordwood. It took a frothy mess to cure my stupidity.
I can see that happening on that road! Can't beat the proven cardboard box they come in.

Back
Top Bottom