options I would like to see

I've spoken with FWC and they will install a Heki skylight in new campers. Not sure about retrofitting an old one.
I do not believe that option is on their standard list either.
They install them over the galley area, not over the bed.
This probably has to do with the lift bar being right in the way?

Anyway, something to think about if you ever wanted this option.
I think it would be great!

DrJ said:
I've spoken with FWC and they will install a Heki skylight in new campers. Not sure about retrofitting an old one.
I do not believe that option is on their standard list either.
They install them over the galley area, not over the bed.
This probably has to do with the lift bar being right in the way?

Anyway, something to think about if you ever wanted this option.
I think it would be great!
I gave it serious thought, but decided I wanted the dual fans and room for solar on the roof. I felt like the Heki would be a gimmik I would use a few times and then never use again.

I do like the idea of using the camper as a photo blind. I wish the screen on the windows zipped out. Sportmoblie does that with their zip up windows.

From Truck Camper Magazine.

FWC-heki1.jpg

TCM: In pictures posted recently on the Four Wheel Campers Facebook page, there’s a Hawk model featuring the new fiberglass sides, one-piece aluminum roof, and a Heki skylight. Are Heki skylights now available on Four Wheel Campers?

Tom: Yes they are. That camper was delivered this past week. The customer is an avid amateur photographer and he wanted the Heki so he could open the skylight and take pictures. He ordered a MidiHeki in the central area of the camper.

Below 2008 Hawk
attachment.php

I wish they would update their site on all the available options and post pix or videos of the rollover couch of which there aren't any! I understand they want to sell the more expensive side, and front dinettes, but people need to see the rollover couch as well. Plus I didn't know you could get the swivel table instead of the other table which I'VE NEVER EVER EVEN SEEN,!!! Please, for the future people looking to buy one of your fine campers, please update the site on all available options, technical data, and pictures of everything you sell and offer. It would be of great help and y'all probably wouldn't get people like me inundating you with a million questions. So you could spend more time selling campers to people whom know exactly want they want because they saw it on your site! Thanks. Dan

Dan,
I share your exact concern. I purchased a floor model hawk because I could save $500 off a floor model. I didn't gert some of the options I really wanted because they couldn't really be changed at that point. Since then I have learned of a bunch of options that I wanted if I had to do it all over again. Part of the learning experience was camping and using my hawk. I learned a lot about what works or doesn't work for us.
I would order differently now than I did then. The issue is part my rush to get a camper, but part was not knowing some options existed at all.

One thing I learned over time that has greatly enhanced my personal happiness. Once I buy something, I stop shopping. It works equally well with campers and women.

DesertDave said:
One thing I learned over time that has greatly enhanced my personal happiness. Once I buy something, I stop shopping. It works equally well with campers and women.
This and buying well the first time. Easier with truck and campers than with women. ;-)

FWC just brought there new web site on line during the past 6-8 weeks. Instead of taking shots at FWC, I would suggest a simple phone call would get answers to questions and I'm sure Brenda or Stan would share some of the non-posted options. Maybe a better question would be, if you provide "A" or "B" for one customer, why isn't this a published option? My two sense worth. Happy camping. Peace.

I just wanted to see more pictures, technical data and listed options. Most of what I was able to determine, I had to do on my own time with hours of research involved. I'm not giving them a 'shot' I'm just making a strong suggestion. It may help to speed up the process and decision making of future prospective buyers. If there is a obviously a non published list, why not make it public knowledge. One would assume it would only help to sell more options, extras and campers. Therefore bringing in more funding to the business.

After being rear-ended 3 wks after taking delivery of my new Fleet last fall, I decided to install a center brake light on the camper. I found a light (9 LEDs, 1.88W total measured) that measures 12-5/8L x 1W x 1/2Thick inch. Wiring was consealed and fused, and ran out the camper plug...my truck/camper 3-pin interconnect is now 12V,Gnd, and Brake.

Super Light #LT32015R on Amazon for $22.ea

DSCF0459 - Copy.JPG
DSCF0458 - Copy.JPG
Demo'd here with 9V battery
DSCF0456 - Copy.JPG

The current faucet and sink is really nice and the head turns right and left, but it'd be nice if the head was also a remove able sprayer type, like in a house's kitchen sink, that way you could have the non flush sink and stove and still be able to have a king sized slide out bed. I can sleep comfortably, diagonally in the cab over bed, but in the north south direction my elongated self hangs over the edge.

100acrehuphalump said:
The current faucet and sink is really nice and the head turns right and left, but it'd be nice if the head was also a remove able sprayer type, like in a house's kitchen sink, that way you could have the non flush sink and stove and still be able to have a king sized slide out bed. I can sleep comfortably, diagonally in the cab over bed, but in the north south direction my elongated self hangs over the edge.
Has anyone done a replacement for this kind of faucet before?
I remember reading about a FWC dealer recommending this type of faucet but I can't recall any details about it beyond that.

A permanently mounted swing out support for a heavy duty FWC designed shower curtain in the outdoor shower area.

A teak matt would round that off nicely.

My faucet is removable and is a spray type. This was what the distributor in Eagle Wisconsin had and it cost me $100.00 as an upgrade. It is a marine faucet.

longhorn1 said:
My faucet is removable and is a spray type. This was what the distributor in Eagle Wisconsin had and it cost me $100.00 as an upgrade. It is a marine faucet.
Longhorn,

Do you have a picture or link to this?

The front dinette floor plan needs an AC option in the Hawk model !!!!!

... for that matter, an AC option should be available on ANY model.

Consequently, I think some are going with other name brands like Phoenix because of the custom design offerings they provide.

A shower and AC isnt too much to ask is it?

Back
Top Bottom