Phone photos

Snow Pine
50729959688_89fe9cd733_b.jpg

Looks like that pine has had a tough life but is adapting and overcoming.
There is a dominant lateral stem (on the left) that, apparently, has taken over for the main stem early in the tree's life. That does give it character. Look at the main stem to see if it was eaten, hacked, or hit by lightning. At any rate, it seems to be doing well.

Great photo too! Looks like snow is a new dimension to pursue in your photos.

Paul

PaulT said:
There is a dominant lateral stem (on the left) that, apparently, has taken over for the main stem early in the tree's life. That does give it character. Look at the main stem to see if it was eaten, hacked, or hit by lightning. At any rate, it seems to be doing well.

Paul
Yup, a tree with some character.

ski3pin said:
Yup, a tree with some character.

PaulT said:

Paul
I seem to be learning quite a bit about character and snow. This character is thinking about a snow blower to clear off areas where the tractor shouldn’t go. My guess about the tree is the main stem froze and broke under a snow load. We had several of our 40+ pines in Canby do that.

Galviston
Phoenix ( By the time I get to . . . )
Wichita ( Lineman )

- and on a Christmas album -
Bethlehem ( O Little Town of . . . )

Yeah... If you look closely in the reflection you'll see a lot of water. And that pretty much tells you which Campbell place name song it is. :)

Another friend guessed, 'Muskogee'... and, sure enough, if you search you can find him singing "Okie From...". But that ain't no 'Glen Campbell song', that there is pure Hag -- Merle!

Back
Top Bottom