Phone photos

We had fire in the sky this morning.
50612954968_2547c29983_b.jpg

Nice stuff Mr. Sage! Wonderful new location for you and the bride and the fur babies and the elk and the large muleys.................... :)

My newer Pixel 4 has a feature called Nightsight which seems pretty slick under the right conditions. Decided to give a try last night with our backyard illuminated by a combination of a fire-pit, LED light strings along the fence in the foreground and of course the waxing moon soon to be full. At full res it looks to be acceptably sharp and relatively noise free. The screwing around I would have to get involved in to take a similar pic with my regular DSLR would be significant.

My wife and I decided that with the long dark winter ahead and no chance of being able to meet friends at out local pub, we needed a way to stay connected and keep our sanity. So, we are trying to get a different group of close friends over maybe once a week (based on weather). We figured out our max number to be comfortably close to the fire based on either couples or single folk. Karen cooks up some appetizers, we have a well stocked cooler of adult beverages and blankets for everyone.

Stay safe and sane everyone.

Cheers - Craggy

Attachments

• FirePitFriday.jpg
    FirePitFriday.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 34
Steve nice images you have been posting with a phone of your new place.

How much dust is collecting on the Nikon equipment?
Is it getting jealous, sad and lonely?
Is there a plot to dispatch the phone?

pvstoy said:
Steve nice images you have been posting with a phone of your new place.

How much dust is collecting on the Nikon equipment?
Is it getting jealous, sad and lonely?
Is there a plot to dispatch the phone?
Patrick, once we get finished with the organizing and that sort of fun, I plan to get out with the Nikon. Maybe some winter landscape. I did have the 300/2.8 connected a week or so back. A nice buck had been chasing does on the property. He was at least 200 yds off, so not quite enough lens.
50617741413_5d61e6927a_b.jpg

With that much property you have a opportunity to place various bird boxes with awesome backgrounds or other paces to sit with a throw over or tent blind to capture some animal behavior images.

Get that all set up and Carol and I will come up and squat on your property ;)

With traveling being on hold our equipment is not being used much, but I'm taking more time starting to understand how these Olympus cameras work better.

The other night out water feature new trail camera recorded a bobcat getting a drink. cool. The attached image is a screen capture from the computer monitor and cropped heavy of a movie.
bobcat1a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom