Picked up a Project (90's Granby)

Well.. we got er done .. canvas was hard and it isn't super pretty but will do the job ..

Attachments

• IMG_20180702_195148.jpg
    IMG_20180702_195148.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 333
Need to put the door on this morning and then we are going to load it up for its first adventure...

Looks good BBZ big undertaking, be proud. I think I saw the problem in one of the photos, not enough IPA’s on the counter. Have a great 4Th and enjoy your camper.
Russ

Well done BBZ, really looks awesome. The picture with the camper on the truck makes it look brand new, and I guess in many ways it is. Enjoy your first outing, and let us know how it goes!

Poky

Yellow door will be painted but had to get it on

Attachments

• IMG_20180704_172920.jpg
    IMG_20180704_172920.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 240
Well worth it..

only disappointment is it came in a little heavier than I thought it would.. need to do a little suspension work,... or a new truck..

BBZ said:
Well worth it..

only disappointment is it came in a little heavier than I thought it would.. need to do a little suspension work,... or a new truck..
What does your FWC weigh in at? I rebuilt my 79 Grandby last year and came in at 1100#'s. I have a side couch, overhead bed, countertop with sink, a Dometic fridge, pota potty, group 27 battery and electric jacks. I'm sure the jacks are over 100#'s. I used composite material for my lift panels, and they are quite a bit heavier than plywood ones. All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with the weight. I was shooting for 1000#'s, so 1100 isn't too far off. My previous truck camper had a sticker weight of 1320# and it was 1700# on the scale! The truck camper manufacturers seem to lie a lot.

shellback said:
What does your FWC weigh in at? I rebuilt my 79 Grandby last year and came in at 1100#'s. I have a side couch, overhead bed, countertop with sink, a Dometic fridge, pota potty, group 27 battery and electric jacks. I'm sure the jacks are over 100#'s. I used composite material for my lift panels, and they are quite a bit heavier than plywood ones. All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with the weight. I was shooting for 1000#'s, so 1100 isn't too far off. My previous truck camper had a sticker weight of 1320# and it was 1700# on the scale! The truck camper manufacturers seem to lie a lot.
Not exactly sure.. We were at 1500 lbs total with 2 adults (250 ish), 2 dogs (100 total).. 2 bikes and bike rack (probaboy 100) and some gear.. so probably around 1000.. but maybe a little less.. This puts us under Gross Vehicle weight, but not by much.. we have no amenities in the camper so was hoping to be a little lighter, my old one (80's Fleet) was around 700..

Back
Top Bottom