Picking up my Bobcat shell

drumwood

Next week on Saturday I'm picking up my Bobcat shell! Waahoo!

I'll be making the trip south to pick it up in Phoenix Oregon. Any tips or tricks from those that have done this?

I checked with my insurance so I think it will be insured once it's on my truck. I put airbags on my Nissan Frontier. I got one of those little Rubbermaid stepstools. I'll take a few tools. Anything else?

I ordered it with the 2 inch additional height, furnace, two air vents, 60 inch Yakima tracks, wired for solar, roof lifters, and the jacks. It will be quite a job to build it out, but I'm looking forward to it. I'll try to post some pictures as I go. And I'll likely have some questions for the forum.

Congratulations and welcome to the ATC family.

Do you have a rubber mat to put on the bottom of the truck bed?

I've got this floor runner rubber material from my local hardware store, low cost, not too thick, and a little sticky.

img_165236_0_a884f43922b5406a422e1adba9da6847.jpg

img_165236_2_ff6f40a11006907ff9278a2d98051cc0.jpg

Bseek is spot on.
Buy what you need as you need it, rather than what you think you'll need. Not sure where you live, drumwood, but take some little overniters and you'll find out right quick what your needs will be.
Less is more!

Thanks for all the good words.

I'll look for that bed mat, Alley-Cat.

I get it about trying it out to see what we need. I'm in the Portland area so there are lots of good places for some trips to get it sorted out.

Depending on the weather, a small towel to wipe down the inside of the fabric in the morning. Unless it vents really well, which it might with two vents. x3 on Bseek. Take a few trips and make notes. The build out is fun though - at least I thought so!

Oh, the fun you are going to have! Congrats! Don't be in a hurry, try out lots of ideas. The best days are spent in your camper.

I have got the bobcat home now. The trip down to Phoenix to pick it up went well. The bonus on that trip was that Marty himself did the installation. I learned a lot by watching him and talking and asking questions

Well, you can tell I am not used to posting on the forum. That last one was an oops because I sent it too soon.

The first order of business is to build the dolly so I can get the bobcat in my garage to work on it. I used inexpensive 2 x 6 to save money.

IMG_1326.JPGIMG_1327.JPG

IMG_1328.JPGIMG_1330.JPGIMG_1331.JPG

I had to modify my original plan to make the dolly tall enough to receive the camper. I didn't realize the jacks only lower the camper within about a foot of the floor. No lower.

But it worked and I got the camper in the garage.

It might be a few weeks before I get a chance to work much on the camp. Some urgent family business has come up. But I feel better now that the camper is safe in the garage and I can work on it as I have time.

drumwood said:
I have got the bobcat home now. The trip down to Phoenix to pick it up went well. The bonus on that trip was that Marty himself did the installation. I learned a lot by watching him and talking and asking questions
Yes, he's great. Every time (2) I've been there to have them work on my FWC Eagle, Marty's on top of it and answers all my questions that I'm sure he's answered a million times. I was just there having jacks/brackets put on. Marty and one of the other guys did the work and I was in/out in about 1.5hrs. I was going to do it myself, but glad I had them do it as they took off most of the screw mouldings, put in new screws, cut everything perfectly, knew exactly what size holes to drill, etc.

drumwood said:
attachicon.gif
IMG_1328.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_1330.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_1331.JPG

I had to modify my original plan to make the dolly tall enough to receive the camper. I didn't realize the jacks only lower the camper within about a foot of the floor. No lower.

But it worked and I got the camper in the garage.

It might be a few weeks before I get a chance to work much on the camp. Some urgent family business has come up. But I feel better now that the camper is safe in the garage and I can work on it as I have time.
I have a taller garage but I made a dolly that was just a few inches shorter than my truck so I only have to raise it a little to get it on (of course that was for my Dakota and my new Ram is about 12" higher- or more) and the camper stays on 95% of the time now (I don't even want to think about taking it off yet even with new jacks, etc.).

Congrats on the trip to p/u your bobcat. I will agree Marty was great explaining and going over things. Looking forward to the mods.
Russ

Back
Top Bottom