post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as it is for your camper)

Ski, are you going to do a write-up on that backup camera deal? I for one would be interested in more info. :)

takesiteasy said:
Ski, are you going to do a write-up on that backup camera deal? I for one would be interested in more info. :)
If anyone knows of a reliable source for an affordable camera that will mate with an existing Ford system, please post that. Cameras like this should be dirt cheap, but they don't seem to be turning up in my internet searches.

This site has backup cameras for vehicle specific applications. I bought a camera replacement for my Tundra and it plugged in and works thru the display mounted in the rear view mirror . I haven't mounted yet as I'm trying to find the best way to mount the camera head to the back of the camper and route thru the camper floor to reach the camera socket under the pickup bed. The camera is plug and go which I did test when it arrived. It worked just like the original mounted in the tailgate handle.

Paul

gallery_1902_252_280116.jpg

ski3pin said:
takesiteasy, I will get around to a quick one on this.
Thanks, no rush. I'm still trying to figure out a cheap backup camera for my truck. Always curious what others do.

This could go here or in the cheap mods thread since I had a friend sew it up for next to nothing out of some scrap fabric that she had lying about and the labor was her share of the gas money on a day climbing trip. Not all my Atlases and guidebooks will fit behind the seats on any given trip so this seamed alike a good use of the space forward of the stove, the lower two pockets are deep enough to each hold a couple climbing/hiking guidebooks.

20150430_121234.jpg

After reading all the coffee posts I broke down and bought a AeroPress. Used a 20% off coupon a Bed Bath and Beyond. Damn this thing really works well. Have been using at home but will go on our next trip.

aerobie-aeropress-coffee-brewer.jpg

I picked up a Ultimate Ears Boom Bluetooth speaker for travel. A bit pricy, but water resistant, 15 hour battery life, USB chargeable, and has a RCA mini jack port. It also has a sturdy storage container,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 86
Wandering Sagebrush said:
If anyone knows of a reliable source for an affordable camera that will mate with an existing Ford system, please post that. Cameras like this should be dirt cheap, but they don't seem to be turning up in my internet searches.
I spoke to a Ford representative last week interested in what exactly the payload package of the Ford F150 included. While we were talking I mentioned the silly placement of the backup camera. Even Ford sells an extended bed option which would be used with the tailgate down. Why put the camera in something that moves? I suggested above the license plate or in the quarter panel so it would always be available. She said she would pass along the info. I told here about all the truck campers that were fighting this problem :) Think I made a difference???? lol

Costco had 60"x70" down blanket on sale for $20.00 Just the right size for an extra blanket in the Hawk. Comes with a stuff sack to pack away.

med_gallery_1903_342_1317586.jpg

We've tried a number of different camp chairs over the years, looking for comfort, back support and easy to store. We think the GCI Pico armchair may be the one.

image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom