post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as it is for your camper)

Just ordered a set of Leds to replace the Halogens on the back of the Hawk. $17.01 today on Amazon, this Prime thing is costing me money. Will post up how they install and work after they get here.

41Vm1aSfWQL.jpg

Lots of bad recent reviews on Amazon. Good luck.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Wander The West mobile app

Bseek said:
Untitled by Sierra Shadow2009, on Flickr

I found this in an antiques shop. Hatchet, hammer, pliers, wire strippers, flat head and wrench all in one. The ax is sharp and it is good solid metal that will last a ling time.

Not something easily found, but I feel like I scored.
Very cool! It reminds me of the fencing tool that I used 'down on the farm'.

Picked up this table at Costco for $40. The height adjustment and weight were the determining factors. Added workspace compared to the fancy expensive REI kitchen is nice too. Should fit right next to my solar panel when the truck is packed for a trip.

Attachments

• 2016-05-09 23.06.52.jpg
    2016-05-09 23.06.52.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 2016-05-09 23.08.44.jpg
    2016-05-09 23.08.44.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 111
Went into REI today. They had a table with NPS 100 anniversary stuff. Pick up two new coffee mugs for the camper, double wall stainless with a lid.

gallery_1903_342_311077.jpg

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Very cool! It reminds me of the fencing tool that I used 'down on the farm'.
Super cool. Is there any mfg. stamp?
I love the classic hand tools of the last Century and have collected hand saws and planes that rival any modern knock off, Stanley or otherwise. The old school commitment to quality seems to be a thing of the past.

That reminds me. I'm a fan of folding military shovels and *always* carry one in my vehicles. There are stories to tell . . .
But, since we've acquired a second Subaru for my runabout we're short one shovel. I need to haunt my local surplus store where you can still occasionally find authentic gear.

That's the fanciest set of fence pliers I've ever seen. Great find. Very handy tool. I had an old set of fence pliers for years. I let someone borrow them and never saw them again.

We have an antique mall near here with a vendor that has 2 booths full of tools. Vices to machinist tools. I've bought several item from the man.

Squatch said:
That's the fanciest set of fence pliers I've ever seen. Great find. Very handy tool. I had an old set of fence pliers for years. I let someone borrow them and never saw them again.

We have an antique mall near here with a vendor that has 2 booths full of tools. Vices to machinist tools. I've bought several item from the man.
For grins, I googled "antique hatchet multi tool", and the search turned up the same tool on eBay. They were asking $35 or so.

My old bolted together 2x8 leveling ramps are cracking after 7 years. Wife said buy something that will never give her a sliver. So I went on Amazon and found Anderson Rapid Jacks. Ordered two (free same day delivery!) Not cheap but tried in the drive way; they do lift very smooth.

Attachments

• rapid jack.jpg
    rapid jack.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 102
billharr said:
My old bolted together 2x8 leveling ramps are cracking after 7 years. Wife said buy something that will never give her a sliver. So I went on Amazon and found Anderson Rapid Jacks. Ordered two (free same day delivery!) Not cheap but tried in the drive way; they do lift very smooth.
Let us know how you like them in the real world and if they are worth the money.
Maybe take a pic when you use them and describe how long it took and etc.

I hope you enjoy them.

Bill D said:
Let us know how you like them in the real world and if they are worth the money.
Maybe take a pic when you use them and describe how long it took and etc.

I hope you enjoy them.
Will do driving to MN next month.

Got a Trimetric installed. Decided to do it the hardway with a surface mount that I made flush mount

68 Siesta said:
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByWander The West1468122652.461828.jpg

Picked up an upland firebowl. A bit bulky but used it on a couple trips and LOVE it.

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West
Very nice item to have during a fire ban. While everyone else is sitting around with nothing to do, you get to party!!! Very convenient for quick outtings as well.

I'd like to have one.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom