Rain draining off roof

DonC

Over the last month we've had the first significant rains since I got my Fleet. When I open my truck door water drains off the roof right onto my seat. It is impossible to get in or out of my truck without getting soaked. I assume others have a similar problem. Do you just live with it, or is there something that can be done? Luckily, I live in southern Calif and we don't get a lot of rain, but when we do it's a hassle since my camper is on my truck full time.

Yeah, up north here, you can get a real surprise! To level my truck and camper in the driveway, I back in and the front wheels go up on blocks. Once, while raining, I wanted to drive forward and put the blocks in the camper. I did this with the drivers door open. BIG MISTAKE! When the front of the truck dropped, I got a bucket of water in my lap.

I searched for the solution that I used, which I found here but I can't come up with the key words. I went down to the local hardware store and purchased a piece of vinyl that is used to block air from coming under a door. I removed all the screws holding down the roof and replaced them with the vinyl under them. It was a little tricky under the latch but it seems to work. I also filled the back side with silicon seal.
GutterPict.JPG

Steve

Yeah, up north here, you can get a real surprise! To level my truck and camper in the driveway, I back in and the front wheels go up on blocks. Once, while raining, I wanted to drive forward and put the blocks in the camper. I did this with the drivers door open. BIG MISTAKE! When the front of the truck dropped, I got a bucket of water in my lap.

I searched for the solution that I used, which I found here but I can't come up with the key words. I went down to the local hardware store and purchased a piece of vinyl that is used to block air from coming under a door. I removed all the screws holding down the roof and replaced them with the vinyl under them. It was a little tricky under the latch but it seems to work. I also filled the back side with silicon seal.
View attachment 15808

Steve

Thanks for posting that fix.I have had some problems with rain dripping off the camper roof onto the truck seats and just put up with it since it wasn't a major problem.This is something to add and help with the drip issue.

Frank

Here is the link to the post I found.

http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2040/

Steve

NorCalSteve - that's exactly what I was thinking was needed, but was not sure of the implementation. Thanks for the ideas. Something like this seems like a logical option for FWC to offer.

Back
Top Bottom